“Oak Island favorite”

Oak Island Sub Shop
Ranked #11 of 60 Restaurants in Oak Island
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Always stop at OI Sub shop if I am on the island. Great food, great value, friendly service. Pop across the street for an Ahoy Donut for dessert.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

Ordered the Cheese Steak and the meat was horrible. One bite and into the trash it went. The owner of this place, Fred has no manners and a typical North East attitude. STAY Away.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

I eat here often. Big variety of meats and toppings. Make it your way. The soups they offer during the winter months are very good. The service is professional. friendly and fast. This a very well run restaurant. Order by phone and have it ready when you get there because this is a busy shop.

Reviewed 4 February 2014

I don't know what it is here... But these guys make great subs. I grew up in this small town and always enjoy coming back to have a chicken salad sub... Add some sweet pickles and yum! Great place to go before or after a long day at the beach.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

I stay at a rental property near this sub shop so it. as very convenient for me to go to to get a quick bite to eat.I was a bit cautious with some of the reviews that have been written, but I wanted to give it a try. I found that the negative reviews I thought were unfounded.

the young man that took our order was very helpful with some suggestions.the staff in the back making me sandwiches seem to be very busy and attentive to what they were doing. the sandwiches that were ordered were prepared as asked, and we were allowed to have anything we wanted on them. They were very fresh in very tasty!

The restaurant had a 98 .5 rating from the health department in the interior was pretty clean. They have a small selection of chips and drinks you can buy along with your sandwich. The seating is ample although I imagine in the summer it could be pretty busy in there.

Parking could be pretty tricky there in a busy spell So you're better off to stop at one of the adjacent shopping centers and just walk down the street a little bit. That is the only really in convenience and challenge that I would say this place has.

If you're looking for a good sandwich at a reasonable price and don't mind walking a couple hundred feet to get to the shop if it's busy, this would be the place in Oak Island!