“Husband likes it better”
Review of San Jose Mexican Restaurant - CLOSED

San Jose Mexican Restaurant
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Nothing different from most mexican restaurants in NC. Lots of food for the money. I tried a new menu item advertised as fresh guacamole made table side. No biggie that it wasn't made by our table, but I was disappointed in the lack of flavor. My husband likes this restaurant better than I do.

Reviewed 11 August 2013

We were not given menus until we had to ask five minutes after we were seated. Our waiter kept running outside to cough in the middle of taking our order. Yuck. Ordered a margarita before ordering our food and it still hadn't come half way through eating our meal. All wait staff was running around sweating like chickens with their heads cutoff. Understaffed and not organized. You could feel their energy which made it hard to relax and enjoy our meal. Texas fajitas barely had any meat on the plate. Bland.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

The whole experience was expensive, bland and rushed. Not a place to relax, which is what we wanted to do with the family. We finished our meal, plates were removed and we were presented with the bill!

Reviewed 9 July 2013

We were here on a very busy Sunday evening. We were seated quickly and got our drinks fast, but when we needed more time to check the menu, we wound up flagging down the hostess to get our waiter to come back. It wasn't his fault. He appeared to have all of the tables in our section! One guy delivered food and another bused tables, while this one poor waiter ran around like a pollo with its cabeza cut off taking orders, refilling drinks, etc.

Food was good -- not spectacular, but good. I had the the seafood burritos -- the shrimp and scallops were perfectly cooked with good flavor; if the promised crabmeat was in it, I never saw it. Still, yummy, especially with the cold Modelo Special. My husband enjoyed his chicken chimichangas and a potent Bahama Mama.

1  Thank CorkeyC
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Great food, great service, great value. Never crowded, I guess most people don't think about Mexican food on vacation.