“Yummy food and nice atmosphere”
Review of Turtle Island

Turtle Island
Ranked #3 of 60 Restaurants in Oak Island
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I had a crab cake sandwich that was delicious. We had great service and the atmosphere was nice. I will be back on my next trip to Oak Island.

1  Thank jennimc321

Reviewed 24 May 2014

We just returned from a week on Oak Island.We ate at a few places but,by far Turtle Island was the best.Great atmosphere,Friendly staff,and the food was over the top.I had the blackened rib eye and it was tender spiced perfectly.Will be back any time we vacation there.

1  Thank Gordon S
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Nice size horseshoe shaped bar and plenty of fish selections on a Friday evening says "Supper Club".
If you are from the Midwest, Supper Club designation means a comfortable atmosphere, drinks are generous, service and food great. While a bit priceier than a usual supper club, the food selection was large and quality was good. One nice thing is that many entrees were on the Appetizer List offering a smaller portion at a reduced price. Serivice by Mike was outstanding. We will definitely go again.

3  Thank keg0nsaman
Reviewed 13 May 2014

If my memory is working, I think this restaurant has been in business on OKI longer than almost any other. We visit at least once every year, and this year didn't disappoint. I tried the whole baby flounder, based on other ++ reviews. Glad someone mentioned to flip it over; there's delicious fish on both sides. My husband laughed at me and all that was left of my cute little fish skeleton. He gave the ribs a thumbs up. A bit too spicy for him, but he's got a low tolerance for heat. I would rate a 5 overall if they would freshen up the interior without losing the comfy personality, of course.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

During a girls' weekend, Turtle Island Restaurant was recommended by locals along with good reviews on TA. Our group had the grouper, shrimp and flounder, grilled chicken salad and blackened grouper - everyone was pleased! We look forward to visiting again.

1  Thank Cheryl A