“Could eat there everyday!!”
Review of Pizza Shack

Pizza Shack
Ranked #25 of 59 Restaurants in Oak Island
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

It was 9:00 at night and I wanted pizza!! We used the map thing in the car to find pizza and decided to try this place. It's a little shack!!! (Go figure :) )We found out the owners had been doing this for 25 years. We loved it!! Piping hot!! Full of flavor and fresh! If I am ever back this way, I will go there again!!

1  Thank Sissypoo62

Reviewed 9 July 2014

Pizza Shack is a good place to get a decent pizza when visiting Oak Island. Delivery is quick. I had seen a review earlier that had claimed that the crust was more like a pre-packaged freezer crust.. I do not agree with this. You can tell that Pizza Shack pizza crust is hand made and fresh. They use just the right amount of sauce on their pizzas. Some places tend to over power the taste of the actual pizza with loading it down with sauce, but not this place. I have experienced delivery and pick up with Pizza Shack. Delivery drivers are friendly and right on time and even when picking up our pizzas, the gentlemen working inside were friendly. I highly recommend Pizza Shack!

1  Thank melnshn0321
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Had two large pizzas from the Pizza Shack. The sauce, cheese, and toppings were all good. The crust, however, was not. It had a lack of flavor and seemed to be premade and frozen as opposed to fresh.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Maybe we are spoiled. But it tasted like a frozen pizza. We ordered a pepperoni pizza and there was only one piece of pepperoni per slice. I like to support local pizza joints, but in this case I would have been better off with a chain

1  Thank Kilkenny51
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The pizza was not something I would recommend again. I was very happy the last time I visited, but this time the crust tasted like it wasn't fresh, even like a frozen crust. I doubt that I will eat here again.

1  Thank Larry J