“I said I'd like coffee when pigs fly~”

Flying Pig Coffeehouse
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Southport, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I said I'd like coffee when pigs fly~”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Seriously. I -hate- coffee. Can't stand it one bit. And yet, Miss Beckie's mocha is one of the most delicious drinks I've had in my entire life. It has gotten to the point where she knows how to make it exactly how I like it, and I love it dearly!

The atmosphere is quirky and wonderful, everyone there is nice and talkative - whether it is a crowd, or just you and the proprietor! I took my sweetheart there with me, and we spent the better part of an hour talking to people, playing with the jigsaw puzzle (there is always a new one as soon as one is finished!) and playing checkers, and sipping on these drinks that seemed to have no bottom!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank James S

Oak Island, North Carolina
“Where everbody knows your name”
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Just good coffee. Owner always remember you name. Funky interior. Bagels and more. Stay and work on puzzle. WiFi.

Visited March 2014
“Great coffee shop!”
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

This is a great local stop! Wonderful variety of coffees and specialty drinks. Free wifi and some breakfast assortments! Great staff who are very welcoming and knowledgable!

“Great coffee & Gluten free brownies & friendly staff”
Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

Great variety of coffee, bagels and free wifi!!! The staff is always friendly & helpful & it's near the beach. The seating outside reminds my husband & I of old Key West, Fl. I must try if you enjoy great coffee drinks. Excellent!!!

Visited May 2013
Athens, Ohio
“Get your coffee fix!”
Reviewed 9 July 2013 via mobile

We drink French press coffee at home, so the thought of drinking drip coffee all week was less than exciting. Luckily, we tried the Flying Pig on our first morning. Heaven! The regular coffee was terrific. The second day, we got coffee drinks. The Mocha Haze latte -- with hazelnut syrup -- made a delightful iced treat. Lots of choices and a cute vibe. Location across from Food Lion is a plus!

Visited July 2013