“Excellent Coffee and People”

Flying Pig Coffeehouse
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

This is an authentic place to feel the relaxed vibes of Oak Island. The owner is very friendly and seems genuinely happy to have visitors despite being opened for 19 years. The space is small so there's a chance you'll sit with others... which we really liked. We sat with a lady and her kids who have been visiting for 20 years.... We got the inside scoop of where to go and what to do. The coffee... Very good. Free WIFI. As a marketer... I loved the branding. We picked up two mugs to support this local entrepreneur who delivers great coffee, a warm smile and a happy environment. It was our pleasure to stop here. Highly recommend this wonderful local establishment.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Seriously. I -hate- coffee. Can't stand it one bit. And yet, Miss Beckie's mocha is one of the most delicious drinks I've had in my entire life. It has gotten to the point where she knows how to make it exactly how I like it, and I love it dearly!

The atmosphere is quirky and wonderful, everyone there is nice and talkative - whether it is a crowd, or just you and the proprietor! I took my sweetheart there with me, and we spent the better part of an hour talking to people, playing with the jigsaw puzzle (there is always a new one as soon as one is finished!) and playing checkers, and sipping on these drinks that seemed to have no bottom!

1  Thank James S
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Just good coffee. Owner always remember you name. Funky interior. Bagels and more. Stay and work on puzzle. WiFi.

Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

This is a great local stop! Wonderful variety of coffees and specialty drinks. Free wifi and some breakfast assortments! Great staff who are very welcoming and knowledgable!

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Great variety of coffee, bagels and free wifi!!! The staff is always friendly & helpful & it's near the beach. The seating outside reminds my husband & I of old Key West, Fl. I must try if you enjoy great coffee drinks. Excellent!!!