“East Coast Boating Adventures”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Oak Island
BlueWater Point Motel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Oak Island
Reviewed 4 June 2012

My husband and I have a website called East Coast Boating Adventures.com We travel towing our boat looking for interesting places to visit. Blue water Point Motel was just what we were looking for. A clean place to stay that offered everything we needed for our stay. It was so nice to be able to put the boat in and keep it in the water right where we stayed. It is also very closed to the Intercoastal Waterway which is great for getting to Southport and BaldHead Island by boat.

We will deffinately be staying here again when traveling to this area. Check out our website for more information and photos .

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 2 June 2012

I have been to BWP Motel twice now. There is a waklway from the motel to beach access directly across the street and the marina surrounds the motel property. The rooms are comfortable, pool is clean and the adjacent restaraunt has delicious seafood dinners. Did I mention the affordability and beach access!? The manager Sid is unbelievably accomodating and treated us like family.
Thanks a bunch!
Meghan

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Meghan S
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I stayed at Blue Water last June. It was a spur of the moment "let's go to Oak Island for the weekend" deal and they had availability. Clearly this hotel isn't going to be a high class 5 star place, but it's good enough. The rooms were clean, the shower was hot, the ac was cold and the bed was comfortable. It's funky because the hotel is made to look like a house boat, which almost makes you feel like you're on a cruise ship. It's a short walk to the beach and in a good area. Can't beat that. I wouldn't want to stay here for a week trip, simply because I would want more room and a kitchen. But for a couple of nights? It's perfect.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Anna T
Reviewed 13 September 2011

My only reason for staying here was to be close to the water for fishing. There is a boat ramp right beside the motel and that makes it super convenient if you are interested in getting on the water. The AC was cold, the bed was ok and the room was clean. Other than that, there isn't much to say because there aren't many bells and whistles, but like I said, for what it is, it's great. Oh yeah, they do have free wifi, but it wasn't the greatest.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
4  Thank JAS171
Reviewed 18 August 2011

My family needed a short getaway and the Blue Water Point Motel provided just what we were looking for; beautiful scenery, rest and relaxation.
The only thing I would like to see changed is the firm mattresses; they were a bit too firm for my liking.

Room Tip: We stayed on the second floor for a better view.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Mark W
Reviewed 11 August 2011

My wife and I stayed here recently for five nights. Blue Water Point Motel is not upscale but it is clean and adequate. The bed was comfortable and the shower was good. There is a beautiful quiet beach about a three-minute walk across the main road.

We came here for the location of this hotel and surrounding water. It is the only hotel and restaurant on this side of Oak Island.

The fish House restaurant next door has awesome seafood and a nice little bar.

Wilmington is only about an hour drive north of here. Myrtle beach is only a few hours drive south of here. Southport is a nice little town on the other side of the island, which we went to several times during our stay here.

There is not much nightlife around here after 8:00 pm.

Would highly recommend Blue Water Point Motel for anyone looking for a quite place, a good value, and close proximity to a beautiful ten-mile long beach.

Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank WorldTravelers34
Reviewed 9 August 2011

We just arrived here, so there isn't too much that I can have an opinion on. But, the service so far has been amazing. Our room is very clean and organized. And, I think so far the one thing that I can honestly comment on is the view from our room. As soon as you look out the window you see water and boats galore. I am really looking forward to staying here for the next couple of nights.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
#2 of 19 in Carolina Beach
Islander Inn
Islander Inn
#3 of 3 in Ocean Isle Beach

Been to BlueWater Point Motel? Share your experiences!