Ocean Crest Motel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Oak Island
See available hotels
  • Beachfront
Driftwood Motel(Oak Island)
Comfort Suites(Southport)
Riverside Motel(Southport)
View Hotel
Bald Head Island Limited(Bald Head Island)
  • Pool
All reviewsprivate balconyocean frontfishing pierroom was cleanoceanfront roomoff seasonsmall poolmini fridgeyellow buildingbeach houselast minute tripcoffee makerbeach vacationfamily vacationfirst floorgreat roomshort drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 January 2008

This is a $20/night hotel that cost $90/night... simply because of the location. Okay, it is on the ocean shore, but the way the houses are jammed in here, it is like being in the city.

Having said that... the location isn't really all that great. There really is no where to go when staying here... you a pretty much forced to drive for every meal.

The room is low-rent. The average Econo-lodge has better features. A dirty, old-style hotel room with bad beds and old bed linens.

My suggestion is stay at a nice hotel in Wilmington and drive to Oak Island...

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
ocmownr, Owner at Ocean Crest Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2009

Some people cannot be pleased. Oak Island is one of the few islands left without high-rise hotels and a heavy commercial ocenafront. our customer come here to get away from the hustle and bustle of places like Myrtle Beach. The houses are not "jammed in" and definitely does not resemble a city (did he really rate the right place?).

As far as $20 a night, where is there any oceanfront place at $20 a night?

Our rooms are all extremely clean and the linens are exceptional and we get great reviews from all our customers. See my guestbook on my website for real reviews.

Reviewed 16 July 2007

My fiance and I booked this motel because it was oceanfront and the rooms looked ok on the website..............HOWEVER.......when we checked into the motel it went downhill FAST! They said that housekeeping had just finished and the room was ready so we went ahead up to our room. When we walked in the carpet was very wet and the room had a sewer smell to it and felt damp. I called the front desk to see if maybe they had shampooed the carpet and I was told NO. So someone came up and asked about the carpet and I told them it also had a smell and I was told that maybe someone before me had spilled something. WHEN YOU WALKED ACROSS THE CARPET BAREFOOT YOU HAD BLACK FEET!!!!!! Our rate was $150.00 a night and this is what I recieved. At no point did anyone try to make it better. The coffee pot had a molded coffee filter in it the next morning when I got up to fix coffee needless to say I ended up at the diner down the street. I can honestly say that I could have stayed at the Hampton Inn in Southport for the same price and Im sure ALOT cleaner and fresher smell.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
5  Thank fyreman660

This customer advised us of the wet carpet after check-in but said it was not a problem. When I was notified the next morning, I personally went to the room to see what was wrong. She said the carpet was wet but it wasn't too bad. I offered to move them to another room so we could shampoo the carpet but she declined the offer to move and said it wasn't a problem as it was drying out. I then asked if there were any other problems and she said everything else was fine. They stayed two more nights without any other comments.

Reviewed 9 July 2007

My wife and I happened upon this motel while driving the Caroline coast and what a find. This is a great old style motel that is right on the water and priced great. Friendly staff, clean room and a balcony that overlooks the ocean. It is not in the same league as one of the high rise hotels a few miles down the coast but that's what makes it so special. If you don't need to stay at a "resort" check this place out.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BizTravelerMA
Reviewed 12 September 2006

Took a last minute and I do mean last minute trip to the beach. Love Oak Island but had never stayed at Ocean Crest til this time. I must say I think this is where we will be staying from now on. Owners were very friendly and accomadating. Even came to ask us if we enjoyed our stay before we left, how many do that? Very family oriented.

Stayed: August 2006
4  Thank camp_robinson
Reviewed 19 June 2006

My husband & I stayed for a week, and we loved it . The room was very "quaint" & "beachy". The service was excellent. I have recommended this place to all my friends. The weekly rates can't be beat, & it is right on the ocean with the pier only a parking lot away. Very trusting & family oriented atmosphere. We do hope to stay there again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2006