Ocean Crest Motel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Oak Island
See available hotels
  • Beachfront
Driftwood Motel(Oak Island)
Comfort Suites(Southport)
Riverside Motel(Southport)
View Hotel
Bald Head Island Limited(Bald Head Island)
  • Pool
All reviewsprivate balconyocean frontfishing pierroom was cleanoceanfront roomoff seasonsmall poolmini fridgeyellow buildingbeach houselast minute tripcoffee makerbeach vacationfamily vacationfirst floorgreat roomshort drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Very cozy, affordable, friendly, helpful, convenient, continuously improving; wonderful family time!

The beach is very clean and easy. The pier and restaurant next door are great. Its not any more expensive than any other place around to have a good meal; nothing fancy or extravagant but so worth it. There is a Food Lion and Beach Mart very close by. And for some real entertainment, the loggerhead turtle watching is a fun family event at night.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Jane T
Reviewed 4 August 2013

Room not ready for check in at 3pm. No apology for the inconvenience and no guarantee when the room would be ready even with reservations. When asked if there would be compensation or discount for the inconvenience, we were told by the owner "Walt" that not only would he would not compensate but he would give our money back and we could just leave. So we did just that. We have spent thousands of dollars over the years at this outdated motel because of location and would have at least expected an apology for the room not being available at the time of check in.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank lovshack1
ocmownr, Owner at Ocean Crest Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

This customer was definitely having a bad day. At 3:05 he arrived to check-in and his room was not ready. he asked when it would be ready and the desk clerk advised she did not know but would call housekeeping to find out. he became irate and told her no, do not call, just tell him when it would be ready. After telling him several times she had to call, he demanded compensation for the room not being ready. I was brought in at that time and told him we were sorry it wasn't ready but since it was only 5 minutes so far that we would not compensate him. He then said that if he was 5 minutes late checking out we would bill him for another day. I again apologized and advised him that it should be ready in a few minutes and I would check with housekeeping. He became angry and said what if it wasn't ready until 5:00. I told him that would never happen and if he wasn't happy we would give him a full refund and he could go elsewhere. he said he would never stay with us again and to give him his money so he could leave. prior to leaving he said he considered us rude for not agreeing to compensate him. I advised Ai thought he was being unreasonable wanting compensation when it was only 5 minutes. He left angry. By the way his room was ready at 3:12. While I do understand being concerned about the room not being ready, I think demanding compensation when it has only been 5 minutes was unrealistic. I don't know where he works or if he has a business, I wonder of he is five minutes late if he tells his boss to dock him 10% of his daily wage.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

This is the only motel/hotel on the beach at Oak Island. The motel is dated, but well maintained and has been updated. We stayed in a room with a private balcony, which we recommend highly. The prices during the season are comparable to the chain motels in Southport that are nowhere near the beach. Small pool, but ocean is just a few feet from the motel. Staff is very friendly and accommodating. Wireless internet is available but the coverage area is very limited. Would like that to be upgraded. We would stay here again, especially off season.

Room Tip: Choose a room with a private balcony. Downside is there are 2 flights of stairs and no elevator
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TWG53
Reviewed 9 June 2013

The proximity to the beach cannot be beat. You could be from your room to the beach in less than 30 seconds. We did not expect the room to be so small. We had a family of four and It was just not suitable in size. The room appeared fairly clean but there
was a dampness throughout That would not go away. the clothes in suitcase felt damp and floor felt damp. My wife walked in the room barefoot one day and they were black. Coffee was good, even better than the local restaurants. I would say this place is good for a couple buddies or husband-and-wife but I feel it was too small for a family by far.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank jaybar98
Reviewed 1 June 2013 via mobile

Love this little motel. This is my second stay & it's even better than last year. The room have been upgraded with better bathrooms. Tubs are very deep. I now have ironing boards, irons & hairdryers too. Nice Vizio television on the wall and the rooms are really cute and comfortable. This year I upgraded to a private balcony room and the view is just spectacular. The only downfall is a very small pool but it is clean. Who needs a pool with the ocean? The office has all the supplies you need should you run out and fresh coffee!

• Stayed: May 2013