“Wonderful Dinner Tonight”

Cuisines: Delicatessen
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 December 2013

We were pleasantly surprised to have such a wonderful dining experience hidden between Lowe's Foods and Subway. I had the Mahi Mahi special, which was fresh, flavorful and delicious. My husband had the pasta and chicken with olive oil and parmesan, which he loved. Chef and owner very friendly and checked on us several times to make sure all was well.

Only suggestion is to take orders from tables instead of at counter. It would make it a little more relaxing to be able to leisurely review the menu.

1  Thank TravelLovers123
There are newer reviews for Bistro 150

Reviewed 9 July 2013

Surprised me to find out that the place I once thought just served pastries, coffee, finger food and wine, now has a full menu with fantastic food. A little different that most restaurants. Ordering is done at the counter then you seat yourself. Each dining set (table/chairs) not matching any other set and none of the tables were set with condiments or place settings...completely empty. No big deal to us. Pick up for some food/drink items is done at the counter but some is brought to your table. Free wifi and live music. Unique dishes, perfect portions, perfectly cooked and scrumptious. I loved our dining experience but food serving timing was off. Got my app after my main dish arrived. Others at my table got served out of sync with me (salads not brought out at same time.) One dish was completely wrong but was corrected promptly and he was comped a free beer and that corrected dish was worth the wait. Best we've ever tasted. Will visit again and hopefully service will be spot on. (P.S - it was very busy that night so we did not hold it against them and tipped nicely.)
Forgot to notice if they have a children's menu or children's dishes (my children eat off the same menu as us.)

1  Thank Stacy H
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Fantastic little gem in the middle of Oak Ridge. Environment reminds me of a New York City local artsy lounge. Eclectic musical selection, charming furniture and design. Well-air-conditioned. Active but not crowded. Great menu and easy-going hosts. Fastest wifi (I clocked 4-5mbps) I've seen in the area. Live music during the weekends. If you want to either eat or drink with friends, or have a quiet coffee whilst eating or browsing - this is as good as it gets.

1  Thank dwaynedrexler
Reviewed 27 April 2013

My husband and I just moved to Oak Ridge. We wanted to go out to dinner for our wedding anniversary, but not in Greensboro. Our neighbor had told us about Bistro 150 and we thought, lets give it a try. WOW! Now first, it is counter service, so know what you want before hand or you better make up your mind quick! No worries. We liked the mingle of tables and seating. Bistro/lounge. Oh, and lets not forget the live music. We ordered steak medallion and shrimp something. But back to the important things. The atmosphere was amazing. We sat outside at a new table. Almost immediately we were greeted by the owner Mr. Floss (Randy??). We chatted a few minutes and then he was off. He and our server came back and forth to check on us and other patrons. Our food came out quick and was excellent and hot. Wine, check . Service, check. Food, check. Atmosphere...double check. Have I mentioned we will be back? Oh yeah! Oh and I love the sign BonJour Y'all, well done.

Reviewed 14 April 2013

Ignorante staff, downright unfriendly, as if we are bothering them and they have better things to do other than waiting on their customers.

We don't like the counter ordering experience and would rather have a defined server because it's like a self serve restaurant and not comfortable.
Line at lunchtime to order then fight for a seat, not sure why, when the food finally showed up it wasn't very good. I had a grilled chicken salad and the chicken was so dry,hard and cold I couldn't chew it so 90% was left on my plate. No one came to check on our table to see if we needed anything or how was our food/experience. After a very long time finally someone came to take away the plates and never asked how our food was and obviously not good because it was still remaining on our plates.

We all wanted more wine but we weren't offered more so we left and went elsewhere.