“We'll be back!”

Rio Grande Mexican Kitchen
Ranked #2 of 17 Restaurants in Oak Ridge
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I had been to the Rio Grande on New Garden (prior Wings and Rings) and had never tried the one nearest to where I live. Food was great, service was great and the staff was very friendly and courteous. The Chimichanga was out of sight! We'll be going back there often.

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

We came to the restaurant during prime time on Friday evening with a group of 12 (including four young children). We had a little wait for a table - but not bad considering the restaurant was packed.
Waitstaff was friendly and efficient. The food was inexpensive and the portions large. I enjoyed my shrimp taco with black beans and rice. My margarita was good. The decor was attractive. They also had a nice outdoor patio. (although it was raining!) Overall, the restaurant was good but not great.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Pepe, you run the best Mexican Restaurant I have ever eaten at. Your wait staff is knowledgeable about the meu which is a great help. We eat there a min. of once a week & enjoy your way of fixing Mexican food the best. You have made us customers for life. Thanks for being you & supporting your local community

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I moved to the east coast from Southern California 3 years back and have been looking for good Mexican places ever since... this place is the closest I've ever come too that made me want to keep eating the tacos! Ask for the corn tortillas instead of the flour ones...! The spicy salsa that comes with the tacos is really tasty too! I haven't tried a lot on the menu but I'm going to keep going back for the tacos. As for the service. . It was quick and courteous... the only reason I didn't go the service 4 stars is since the server didn't come back to our table to refill the water or anything and we had to wait till we finished eating to get our water refilled! But I guess it must've been just one person or something... others must be different! I will definitely recommend this place to taco lovers!

Reviewed 5 March 2014

This place is a good place for Mexican food and drinks. They are the only place we know of that actually serves real Buffalo style wings. We are from Buffalo and know what they are supposed to be and according to the owner, Pepe, someone from Buffalo showed him how to do real wings. They are not pre-cooked like other restaurants in the area. Besides wings, everything else is great too.