“Loved it!”

Giggling Mackerel Seafood Grille
Price range: US$4 - US$24
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Join us on our 3rd Floor Tiki Bar where the coldest Beer and Southern Hospitality awaits you. Located under the bridge on the Intracoastal Waterway. Open Thursday - Sunday 11:00am-9:00pm.
Shallotte, North Carolina
“Loved it!”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

I loved the grilled tuna bites with wasabi as an appetizer. They were SO good. They use seasonal local fresh fish so we all ordered several plates and shared. Such an awesome view and to smell the ocean with the light breeze as we ate was amazing. I don't drink but I noticed that you can bring your own wine for $5 cork fee. What a great deal. Can't wait to go back!

• Visited April 2014

Asheville, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Dinner with friends”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We ordered the clams for our dinner along with scallops. Although the scallops were wonderful, the clams were extremely small for what you would expect at a seafood restaurant. Food was decent though and we would go back but not order the clams.

Visited April 2014
Brunswick, Ohio
“It was decent”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

After reading the reviews I was skeptical about the place but we figured we would give it a try. I had the sirloin tips and they were good. My husband had the sirloin steak and thought it was okay. We did order the Mahi Bites as an appetizer and that was very good. The outdoor tables and chairs along with a long wooden bench make up for all the seating in the place. I had to sit on the wooden bench, it was okay at first then got very uncomfortable after awhile. I have to say I am not a particularly picky person but I do think that if the place upgraded their furniture it would be a good move for them.

• Visited April 2014
Durham, NC
“Good beach seafood”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We ate dinner here and had a good, competent meal. Nothing outstanding in any way but nothing to complain about either. The service was fine, the ambiance was what you'd expect from a seaside resort place (picnic tables, lots of windows for the view, lots of beer signs, lots of TVs tuned to sports), and there was nothing at all to criticize about the food.....but then again, there was nothing really to praise, either. Prices seemed reasonable. One big plus: We are big fans of bringing our own wine to restaurants and were truly pleasantly surprised that the corkage fee was only $5--we have seen fees as high as $25 (which is ridiculous).

Visited March 2014
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Was O.K.!”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Last night was my first visit to the Giggling Mackerel. The view was not as great as we had hoped. I looked at the big huge parking lot next to the bridge and my friend had a view of the inside of the resturant. Not the view you hope for at the beach. The tables and chairs are plastic and if you sit by the windows someone has to sit on a wooden bench with little comfort. I ordered the peel and eat shrimp which was good, but you have to be horrible to mess up peel and eat shrimp! My friend ordered the fried flounder. It was average. We could not believe for a seafood place they do not have hushpuppies! I have never been to a seafood resturant that doesn't offer hush puppies! We were in a parking lot of a resturant in Calabash when we decided to drive to Ocean Isle to eat. Should have stayed in Calabash or picked a different restuarant.
Wasn't terrible, but wasn't great either!

• Visited March 2014