“Great food and service :)”
Review of Sugar Shack

Sugar Shack
Cuisines: Jamaican
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Knoxville, TN
“Great food and service :)”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We recently visited the Sugar Shack on our trip to Sunset Beach. We made a reservation earlier in the week because we had been warned it gets a little crowded - and crowded it was! We were seated shortly after we arrived and had a very personable and friendly waiter. He was very helpful in menu selections and recommendations. We had a bit of everything. The coconut shrimp and crab fritters are fantastic! I personally had the ribs and grilled shrimp. The ribs were amazing! They give you a ton of food. So even though it's fairly expensive, I didn't feel it was unfairly priced. We will definitely return next year!

Burlington, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fall off the bone goodness”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

If you're looking for upscale and fancy don't bother, but if you want the best jamacian food ever make a reservation and get to eating. Between the ribs, cole slaw and sweet bread one of the best meals ever. Never miss a chance to eat here when I'm in the Ocean Isle area.

Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Make Reservations”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

As a local, I look forward to the seasonal opening of Sugar Shack! It absolutely rocks, but make reservations or don't plan on eating if you just show up! The fall-off-the-bone ribs are off the chart and everything else on the menu is recommended. Love me some Johnny Cake!

Visited July 2014
Detroit, Michigan
“Hidden Gem!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

We passed sugar shack last year while on vacation and saw how packed it was. We knew we had to try it on our next trip to ocean isle.

This year, after reading lots of reviewers, We made reservations the day before for 5pm the next day. The staff was very friendly, we had the privilege of having the owners granddaughter help our waiter George.

Per George's suggestion, my husband ordered the NY strip steak and I had the ribs and coconut shrimp combo. My husband and I are real "foodies" and tend to be restaurant snobs. The food from sugar shack was an amazing. You will not find better coconut shrimp anywhere. The new York strip was the best tasting steak I've ever tried. The ribs melt in your mouth. The food was so flavorful, yet not salty.

We can not wait to go back!

2 Thank Sarahrizzo06
Lexington, South Carolina
“It was as Tony the Tiger says Greattttttttt”
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Great good. Owners were awesome. Great service
Best dinner of the week.
Pork was great and ribs were off the chart great