Islander Inn
Ocean Isle Inn(Ocean Isle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$126
Travelocity
Very Good 4/5
The Winds Resort Beach Club(Ocean Isle Beach)(Great Value!)
US$160
US$106
US$94
Priceline
Average 3/5
Sleep Inn at Harbour View(Little River)(Great Value!)
US$101
SleepInn
Very Good 4/5
Hyperion Towers(North Myrtle Beach)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Beachfront
All reviewssausage biscuitsocean frontcontinental breakfastoutdoor pooloff seasonoceanfront roombagelshot tubflat screen tvsmall fridgegreat weekendbeds were comfortablemake your own wafflesgreat oceaneasy access to the beachbeautiful beachbeach wedding
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 May 2011

My daughter and I just returned from vacationing at The Islander Inn. We took her Great Dane with us. I have stayed at the Islander several summers but had not taken a pet before. What a wonderful experience. The staff was very postive, everyone we met on the beach or grounds at the hotel were so pleasant. It was quiet, very clean and the staff outstanding. The new pool furniture is very nice. Breakfast was good, especially the waffles. The full moon shining on the ocean at night was so beautiful. The only thing that needs improving is the coffee. You may want to take your own. We found this true at all the restaurants we visited. The Isles coffee was not any better.

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank queenm45
MarnieWilliamson, General Manager at Islander Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 27 September 2011

I am so glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us (Great Dane included) We greatly value repeat guests such as yourselves and are very grateful that you took the time to write a review. Your kind words about the Islander Inn are very much appreciated. We do look forward to hopefully seeing you and your family again soon!
Warmest Regards,

Reviewed 12 May 2011

Before my sister and I arrived I asked that housekeeping remove the bed spreads as we would not be using them. When we arrived, after waking up at 4am and flying all day, our room did not have the bed spreads as requested. The bed also had no sheets, no blankets, nothing but a mattress cover. To make a long story short, by the time we got the correct sheets and blanket, had to make the bed ourselves we were exhausted. Then after returning from dinner our door keys would not work. The lock was broken. We were NEVER offered a different room. Maintenance came to fix the lock. Needless to say that was the last straw for me. Found another place to stay and left the next morning.

The room does have a nice flat screen tv. The badrooms are old and so tiny. The windows facing the ocean do not open. It was horrible from the start. I had paid for the full 5 nights but told them I was moving the next day and did not want to be charged for the full stay. They did refund 4 nights. Thought we all the horrible stuff going on we might get the first night free but no such luck.

Maybe this is not typical for this place but unfortunately we will never return.

• Stayed: May 2011
2  Thank beanielf
Reviewed 20 April 2011

I have been coming to Ocean Isle for a quite a few years now. Last May, my family and I decided to try the Islander Inn and we were impressed. It was quaint, relaxing and the staff were wonderful there. This April, my husband and I had a couple's weekend and we chose to come back to the Islander Inn. Our experience was great. The biggest attribute that this hotel has is its staff. They are wonderful! Everyone was pleasant and willing to assist with whatever we needed. One night, my husband forgot to turn off the headlights on our car and someone at the front desk made a courtesy call up to our room to tell us that they were on. It doesn't seem like much but this type of service means a lot. It makes the customer feel like they are valued and appreciated. The cleaning and maintenance staff were always smiling and friendly. Another thing that I love about this hotel is that they offer a free continental breakfast. This is a wonderful value! While there we were able to see a few weddings from our balcony which was really neat. This is a great family and couples hotel. This hotel has nice southern charm about it and you feel like you are welcome as soon as you walk in the front office. I think the only thing that I wished could have been different was the date of our stay. It was a little too cool and extremely windy to relax out on the beach while we were there. At least we had a great hotel to relax in!!! We will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Call the hotel and ask for Marnie.
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mamaoftwins2
Reviewed 1 April 2011

First let me start by saying that i decided to do an early check-in and I'm glad I did. Me and my wife check into a wonderful, spacious, clean room with an ocean front view. The staff and the property were awesome and helpful in every way. Most importantly, to us was that we wanted a scenic beach get-a-way without the heavy traffic and tall high-rise hotel. That's exactly what the Islander Inn produced for us. We'll definitely plan to return soon. sincerely, Earl Washington

Room Tip: Get the 2nd floor if you can. Great view of ocean!
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
MarnieWilliamson, Manager at Islander Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2011

Mr. Washington,

Thank you so much for your kind words. I am so pleased to hear that you and your wife enjoyed yourself so much. We pride ourselves on practicing superb customer service and it is so nice to have someone recognize the hard work of our staff. I will be sure to pass your praise along to them. We look forward to having you stay at The Islander Inn again soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 23 March 2011

We visited the Islander for planning our wedding and to see if the place looks like the pictures on the website. To our pleasant surprise it does. It was a little windy and rainy when we first arrived and our last two days the sun begin to shine. Going back soon to checkout the restaurant-food and complete the wedding plans.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple

Stacy,

I am so glad the last two days of your trip were better than the first (as far as the weather is concerned). Congratulations on your big day! We can't wait to see you again!

Warm Regards,