I just got back from three nights at the Islander Inn, and I had a wonderful time. I had a sprained ankle and wanted to find a room where I could get out on the beach easily but also sit on the balcony and enjoy the ocean. And that I could afford!
I had a ocean view queen on the top floor, and the view was great. I could see all the way up the beach and all the way down the beach, yet the balcony was private. I was a little worried because the aerial view showed a little parking area between the building and the beach, and that bothered me for about 10 minutes. It wasn't a perfect situation, but it didn't bother me that much.
The room was clean and nice. I had stayed at a Westin in Hilton Head once, and no, this was not as luxurious, but it had the superior view. At the Westin, I had a view of the fountain below my room and could not see the ocean because of all their palm trees. So I'd choose the Islander Inn over the Westin because I like to look at the beach and the ocean.
It was just glorious at dawn to be able to stumble half asleep out to the balcony and see the sun light everything up.
Because of my sprained ankle, I could walk up the steps, but walking down them hurt, so I used the elevator to go down, and it was clean and quick.
The free breakfast was inside next to the outdoor pool, and it had the standard microwavable foods including sausage biscuits, (not so good) oatmeal, peaches with a topping, as well as sweet rolls, bagels, muffins, coffee, tea, orange juice, apples, bananas and yogurt. It also had a couple of waffle makers, and the waffles were pretty good.
The beach was quiet and wide and beautiful. There's a pier up the beach but it's not too close. All in all, I was happy as a clam and would recommend the Islander Inn for someone who wants a nice oceanfront room.
Oh, one more thing. I'm a female traveling alone, and I felt very safe inside and outside of my room at the Islander Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As an oceanfront hotel in Ocean Isle Beach, The Islander Inn overlooks one of the most pristine North Carolina beaches. The Islander Inn is conveniently located within walking distance to several restaurants, shops, an arcade, miniature golf, and museum. The Inn is also just a 10 minute drive from 25 world-class golf courses and hundreds of first-rate restaurants. Famous for its peace and quiet, this intimate oceanfront facility appeals to the young couple, vacationing family, golf enthusiast, or beachcomber who enjoys superior accommodations and breathtaking views of the most beautiful beach on the East Coast. All oceanfront rooms feature a 50in. plasma television. All rooms have a refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, and telephone with voice mail capability. Room rates include daily housekeeping, deluxe continental breakfast, free WiFi, access to our outdoor oceanfront pool with Tiki bar, indoor heated pool and Jacuzzi and fitness room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your Islander Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Islander Hotel Ocean Isle Beach
- Islander Ocean Isle Beach