“Perfect!”

Islander Inn
Pulaski,VA
“Perfect!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

We would normally plan a trip to the beach July 4th week but the situation dictated the dates. We normally go to the Myrtle Beach area in May or Sept, but I had a bilateral mastectomy in May and start chemo next week so this was the only time frame that worked until after 5 months of chemo. I was so reluctant but finally decided on the Islander Inn. From the time I made the first call and spoke with Christine to leaving this morning, I was not disappointed. Christine was warm, friendly and so helpful in securing our ocean front room. When we arrived everyone seemed to go out of their way to make sure our stay was special. We have stayed at some of the better establishments all over the beach areas and I have never had a friendlier staff. The room was a bit dated but very clean and comfortable. The shower could have had a bit more water pressure but it was consistent and stayed at the selected temp. The breakfast was a typical continental style breakfast with a few extras, again the attendant was sweet and personable. The outdoor pool was small but considering the ocean was steps away, clean, clear and plenty of beach chairs. The view from our balcony was just lovely and even on the busiest day, not super crowded. I was amazed at how peaceful it was. The fishing pier is about 1/2 mile from the hotel. Many great restaurants within 20 minutes of the Inn. If you want posh, upscale, stoic you may not want to stay at the Islander Inn but if you want a delightfully friendly, perfect beach front location in an area that seems almost like a private island, then by all means book the Islander inn. Go expecting more of a homey feeling. Not everything is perfect but you feel like you matter to the people. I will take that any day over feeling like, a room number. We will be returning just as soon as possible. Love the area.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank BeeBee623
Dear Valued Guest,
We greatly value guests such as yourselves and are very grateful that you took the time to write a review. Your kind words about the Islander Inn are very much appreciated. We sincerley wish you all the best and really look forward to seeing you again either later this year or next!
Islander Inn.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

The Islander Inn is a nice hotel and is in a good area. They have an indoor and outdoor pool And a direct path to the beach. My only complaint is some bad service like not picking up left over objects and not giving us towels. Otherwise a great hotel.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
We greatly value guests such as yourselves and are very grateful that you took the time to write a review. We are very pleased to hear you fully enjoyed our hotel. In regards to towels we put enough towels in the rooms for people, we do also have towels which we put in the indoor pool, however we do not provide towels for either the outside pool or the beach. Your kind words about the Islander Inn are very much appreciated. We do look forward to hopefully seeing you again soon!
Cary, North Carolina
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

I am disappointed that I was not able to use my room at Islander due to an emergency that cancelled the event I had planned to attend, and thus, my night at Ocean Isle. I am even more disappointed that mgmt was not willing to consider a refund of my full night's deposit of over $200, even if they had been able to rent the room (which, on a summer weekend when they were already full, seems likely). Yes, I knew about the 3 day cancellation policy and if they were unable to rent the room I'd understand, but they wouldn't even try. I called one day before and was told to call back the next day, only to be told "corporate" wouldn't consider my request.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank 4CR314
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

This was the 2nd year we've stayed at the Islander Inn. The housekeeping staff is wonderful. The hotel is clean and breakfast is good. The pools are kept clean. My only complaint this year was that the outside lights (pool, trees etc) weren't on and that the Tiki bar was rarely open. It was probably open a total of 8 hours in the week that we were there. It was open daily last year (in August).

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Kittymax1
Dear Valued Guest,
We are so pleased that you have enjoyed your time at the Islander Inn and sincerely value repeat customers such as yourself. Our housekeeper's will be thrilled to hear you thought our rooms are extremely clean.Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our behalf. Your kind words about our property and staff are very much appreciated. Again, we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Ocean Isle Beach!
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

I really liked the hotel. It was very clean and spacious. I had an ocean front room that looked out over the beach. The beds were very comfortable and clean. Staff was friendly. Lots of stairs and elevator was a little far from our room. So walking up and down stairs was a little hard on my knees. So if you have any problem with stairs you will want to request a room close to elevator. Breakfast was a little disappointing. Overall great place to stay and close to the beach. Just a short walk from parking lot. I would stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014
theIslanderInn, General Manager at Islander Inn, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,
We are so pleased that you have enjoyed your time at the Islander Inn and sincerely value customers such as yourself. Our housekeeper's will be thrilled to hear you thought our rooms are extremely clean and our beds very comfortable. Great to hear you enjoyed the wonderful view of our beach.Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our behalf. Your kind words about our property and staff are very much appreciated. Again, we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Ocean Isle Beach!
Middletown, NJ
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 June 2014

First impression was not encouraging. I had asked for a room on the 2nd floor, we got one on the 1st. I told the desk person my request and her answer was you must have booked on the internet, however as she looked further she saw the request, too bad no rooms, no offer of switching tomorrow. Room very dated, towels almost threadbare, faucet in sink only shut off if you fiddle with it, no stopper on the sink, cold water in the shower, didn't even want to touch bedspread, I think my point has been made. When I checked out I told the desk only about the faucet not shutting off and the stopper. Belligerently, he said why didn't you tell us, we'd send someone to fix it. First of all it needed a new faucet and second I said why hadn't your cleaning people informed you. If they had only been a bit caring it would have been much better. And they charge a $4 resort fee, not much, but why??
The beach was lovely and right there. The view from the room was good, would have been better if we had not been right above the pool.

Room Tip: Make sure you call and ask for 2 nd floor, apparently they do not honor requests from the web. Get a...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,
We are unhappy to hear that your experience not as enjoyable as you would have liked. In regards to some of the issues you had, We do try and put all our guests in the rooms that they want but as I'm sure you can appreciate we only have a limited amount of rooms and are very busy this time of the year. This past winter/spring we did a lot of upgrades to our rooms which included painting the rooms and also laying new carpet in some rooms and all the hallways, We also put all new on demand hot water heaters throughout our hotel this spring. We try and encourage our guests to come and tell us if there is any problem with their room so we can address the problem and fix it promptly. In regards to the person at the front desk being belligerent, mam I checked you out personally and was not I feel in any way belligerent towards you. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our behalf. Your words about our property and staff are very much appreciated. Again, we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Ocean Isle and the Islander Inn.
Berlin, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

We had a great stay at the Islander Inn. The only complaint we have is a noisy door in the hallway during the night. We would go back again. It was a great location and there were a lot of good restaurants close by and the prices were right in line.

Room Tip: Get a Ocean front room.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Valued Guest,
We are so pleased that you have enjoyed your time at the Islander Inn and sincerely value customers such as yourself. Great to hear you enjoyed the wonderful view of our beach and also enjoyed some of our local restaurants. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on our behalf. Your kind words about our property and staff are very much appreciated. Again, we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Ocean Isle Beach!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ocean Isle Beach
Ocean Isle Inn
Ocean Isle Inn
#1 of 3 in Ocean Isle Beach
Rodeway Inn & Suites
Rodeway Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Shallotte
BEST WESTERN Ocean Sands Beach Resort
BEST WESTERN Ocean Sands Beach R...
#3 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 3 in Shallotte
Holiday Inn Express N. Myrtle Beach-Little River

Been to Islander Inn? Share your experiences!