We would normally plan a trip to the beach July 4th week but the situation dictated the dates. We normally go to the Myrtle Beach area in May or Sept, but I had a bilateral mastectomy in May and start chemo next week so this was the only time frame that worked until after 5 months of chemo. I was so reluctant but finally decided on the Islander Inn. From the time I made the first call and spoke with Christine to leaving this morning, I was not disappointed. Christine was warm, friendly and so helpful in securing our ocean front room. When we arrived everyone seemed to go out of their way to make sure our stay was special. We have stayed at some of the better establishments all over the beach areas and I have never had a friendlier staff. The room was a bit dated but very clean and comfortable. The shower could have had a bit more water pressure but it was consistent and stayed at the selected temp. The breakfast was a typical continental style breakfast with a few extras, again the attendant was sweet and personable. The outdoor pool was small but considering the ocean was steps away, clean, clear and plenty of beach chairs. The view from our balcony was just lovely and even on the busiest day, not super crowded. I was amazed at how peaceful it was. The fishing pier is about 1/2 mile from the hotel. Many great restaurants within 20 minutes of the Inn. If you want posh, upscale, stoic you may not want to stay at the Islander Inn but if you want a delightfully friendly, perfect beach front location in an area that seems almost like a private island, then by all means book the Islander inn. Go expecting more of a homey feeling. Not everything is perfect but you feel like you matter to the people. I will take that any day over feeling like, a room number. We will be returning just as soon as possible. Love the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As an oceanfront hotel in Ocean Isle Beach, The Islander Inn overlooks one of the most pristine North Carolina beaches. The Islander Inn is conveniently located within walking distance to several restaurants, shops, an arcade, miniature golf, and museum. The Inn is also just a 10 minute drive from 25 world-class golf courses and hundreds of first-rate restaurants. Famous for its peace and quiet, this intimate oceanfront facility appeals to the young couple, vacationing family, golf enthusiast, or beachcomber who enjoys superior accommodations and breathtaking views of the most beautiful beach on the East Coast. All oceanfront rooms feature a 50in. plasma television. All rooms have a refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, and telephone with voice mail capability. Room rates include daily housekeeping, deluxe continental breakfast, free WiFi, access to our outdoor oceanfront pool with Tiki bar, indoor heated pool and Jacuzzi and fitness room. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Islander Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Islander Hotel Ocean Isle Beach
- Islander Ocean Isle Beach