“A little piece of heaven...”
Review of Islander Inn

Islander Inn
Wilmington
“A little piece of heaven...”
Reviewed 3 August 2009

The people working there were very accomadating. Awesome views from the ocean side rooms. Really good breakfast. The Islander Inn along with the Isles Restuarant is a great combination.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank prwoffside
theIslanderInn, General Manager at Islander Inn, responded to this review, 18 December 2009
prwoffside,

Awe shucks! Thanks!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
South Carolina
Reviewed 2 August 2009

The Islander is truly oceanfront with clean rooms and a very friendly staff. We (my senior parents and preschool child) had a great time simply enjoying the beach. Ocean Isle blends the natural beach with just enough other activities -- not too commercialized! This trip was our first trip to the Islander, but we will surely be back soon!

1 Thank scshagging
theIslanderInn, General Manager at Islander Inn, responded to this review, 6 September 2009
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback and comments. It was nice to have you stay with us and we hope the next time you time about a trip to the coast you think of Ocean Isle Beach, and we would love to have your back with us again!
Jacksonville, fl
Reviewed 18 July 2009

Paid $125 a night for ocean front room. Pros: Very Basic, rooms were clean, oceanfront, every staff member I met greated me, nice helpful staff when I needed someone, fairly clean beach, and quiet overall. Close to mini golf, ice cream and local food places. Breakfast was very good. Solid offerings for every type of breakfast you could want.

Cons: Much of this I attribute to being a beach hotel. There are things inherent to having a beach hotel. It gets worn down fast between the sand and salt air. carpets are either over shampooed or just old but the room felt clean. The hall ways leave little to be desired, very stained and didnt care for all the little dogs alowed in the rooms. (Never understood taking a dog on vacation.) The worst was the first night, my son and I checked out the pools, outdoor pool fine, just sandy, but it is a beachfront pool. However the hot tub water looked gray /green and the walls were gray stained making it look like a bubbling sesspool. The next day I walked thru the indoor pool and spa room and it looked cleaner but I didnt didnt go in.

Overall, we didnt spend much time in the room except to sleep and only saw the halls breifly so I would say our stay was positive. Would consider staying again.

1 Thank theresar2004
theIslanderInn, General Manager at Islander Inn, responded to this review, 29 July 2009
Thanks for your comments and feedback. From your suggestions and thoughts we do better ourself. We only have a limited amount of pet friendly rooms, and in a building by themselves. We understand that some folks don’t have the option, or don’t want to leave their furry family members behind. So we do offer a few rooms for those guest that might want them.
Greensboro
Reviewed 17 July 2009

My husband and grandchildren arrived July 13th to an oceanfront room, with a large flat screen LCD tv. Our room was clean and had nice amenities in the bathroom, which was clean also.
We always thought continental breakfast was coffee and a sweet roll; however, to be included in the rate, it was great!!! There was coffee, orange and apple juice, fresh fruit, packaged sausage, egg, and cheese biscuits, sausage biscuits, instant oatmeal, tea bags, about 5 different cereals and all the condiments you need. There were also sweet rolls, mini bagels, English muffins, mini muffins, yogurt, and you could make your own waffles. Forrest was doing an excellent job, stocking the breakfast room and serving the front desk at the same time on one particular day......multitasking at its finest!!
The pool tech was also very knowledgable about the pool chemicals and PH levels. He did an excellent job vacuuming the pool with kids IN the pool and having to vacuum around them.
My only complaint was our rude hotel neighbors but the office staff was very apologetic and kind. We are raising three great kids and I hated to see that two of them were subjected to such loud, bullying language, and behavior (but they left).
The beach was not crowded and it was very relaxing to sit in the room or on the beach and listen to the ocean waves and watch the parasailing.
We even saw a beach wedding, what a beautiful wedding party!
We will definitely return.

2 Thank tibetanpupsmom
Thank you very much for choosing that Islander Inn. We hope you visit again soon!
Louisville, KY
Reviewed 16 July 2009

We were making plans for a summer vacation and had originally thought we would go to Atlantic Beach but couldn't find a hotel available. I am glad we didn't. I found Ocean Isle Beach and the Islander Inn. We were very pleased with everything about our stay. One disappointment when we first arrived was that they were booked and we wouldn't be able to get the room we had asked for on the 2nd floor although I thought that was a done deal when I made the reservation. The gentleman at the desk said that if we had any problems just call. The first night it was a bit noisy but apparently they left the next morning and it was fine after that. We enjoyed the fact that the beach was quiet, clean and relaxing. We stayed on the beach so didn't use the pools. The complimentary breakfast was a plus, many things to choose from. Some days it wasn't stocked as well but that was because early in the morning the desk person was doing double duty so that was understandable. The cleaning of the rooms was fine. The rooms were very nice with a large screen LCD TV which was a bigg plus with teenagers. It was very close to Myrtle Beach so that our teenage boys could get their fill of Planet Hollywood etc. We went to the Museum of Coastal Carolina and the Battleship North Carolina. We even drove to Pine Knolls to the aquarium and Fort Macon State Park. Highly recommend eating at the Giggling Mackeral. All in all it was a great trip and we will certainly be back again!!! Thanks Islander Inn.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank KYFamily93
Glad you enjoyed yourselves! Hope to have you again soon. We did have a issue getting you on the second floor and you said was your preference. We have a lot of long stay guests and requests. I promise that we try and meet each one of them, I am sorry we were unable to this time. On a better know I was pleased to hear you like the 50 inch plasmas in our oceanfront rooms. Currently we are only 50% installed, but hope to have the rest of the oceanfront rooms finished in September 09!
ellet
Reviewed 15 July 2009

This was our familys' 3rd trip to Ocean Isle and 3rd stay at the Islander Inn. We love the beach on Ocean Isle. We seem to gravitate there every (2) years or so. We are trying to see all of the country, but we just cant seem to get North Carolina out of our minds!! We did spend a day in Myrtle Beach, just to see what our fellow Ohioans are always talking about and they can have it!! We love "our" private Islander beachfront without hundreds of people to step over. My teenagers took the banana boat out to parasail and had a blast. Our last morning there, a pod of dolphins swam by for 45 mins. What a treat. The hotel is clean and an oceanfront room is a must. We lived on the balcony when not at the beach. The breakfast is nothing to write home about but we fill our room fridge with fresh fruits and munchies so its no great loss to us. The microwave in the room also comes in handy for late night popcorn. The staff is very freindly and efficeint. We will be back again.......

1 Thank shutupbackthere
Thank you so much! It was great to have you again, and we hope to see you soon.
NC
Reviewed 2 July 2009

How can I say, The Best Vacation in my 40 years of life. Normally I wouldn't write a review about my vacation spots. But after our stay at The Islander Inn, I just felt so compelled to spread the word to those that are looking for a place to stay during your vacation.

The hotel staff treated us like we were someone special.(When traveling with small children that can mean the world.) The rooms were extremely well keep. The pools were clean and safe. The beach was, of coarse, relaxing..

During our stay there was a wedding going on. Being from a catering backround I am always watching large functions. The wedding party was having a great time.. The staff was having a great time. At the scene was just absolutely breath taking...!

Makes me wish I had gotten married there.

I just had to put in my 2 cents about The Islander Inn. If this is one of your current options, Make it your ONLY option. You will not be disappionted.

The staff will see to that.

Enjoy your vacation.

Susan H.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank shackney1
theIslanderInn, General Manager at Islander Inn, responded to this review, 3 July 2009
Susan,
Wow, you just made me blush! Glad to hear that you had so much fun, and thank you very much for your comments and feedback. It was our pleasure having you and we hope to see you again very soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ocean Isle Beach
Ocean Isle Inn
Ocean Isle Inn
#1 of 3 in Ocean Isle Beach
Rodeway Inn & Suites
Rodeway Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Shallotte
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach Resort
Best Western Ocean Sands Beach R...
#3 of 52 in North Myrtle Beach
#2 of 3 in Shallotte
Days Inn Shallotte
Days Inn Shallotte
#1 of 3 in Shallotte

Been to Islander Inn? Share your experiences!