“A repeat visitor who loves the quiet, family atmosphere.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Islander Inn

Islander Inn
Stanfield, North Carolina
“A repeat visitor who loves the quiet, family atmosphere.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2010

My friend and I once again enjoyed our stay at the Islander Inn. This was my third or fourth visit over the course of 2 years. The beds were great and the pillows were comfortable....not hard as a rock as in some hotels where I've stayed.

The fitness center was not up to the standard of the rest of the hote.

We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast and found a wide variety of food. Loved the waffles. I'll keep coming back.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
Fayetteville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2010

I have stayed at this beach Inn several times. It is simple and consistent. Great location, nice staff, clean rooms. The continental breakfast is very good (fresh waffles). They have an indoor pool with jacuzzi as well as a small outdoor pool but the real treat is the very easy access to the beach at Ocean Isle. The ocean view rooms are a particular value.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rkatz4
Timberlake, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2010

My family and I decided to come down to Ocean Isle for a early pre-Memorial day mini-vacation and I found the Islander Inn on the internet. I was initially pleased by the ease of which I was able to secure a reservation online. The staff at the front desk was also very accomodating in assisting me with any questions I had about my reservation. I actually had to cancel and reschedule for a later arrival date but I had no problems with it. Of course, I followed the rules and cancelled 7 days prior to my earlier arrival date. The room was clean and the staff friendly. The outside pool was a little chilly, but my family enjoyed the inside pool and had just as much fun.The free breakfast was nice and filling. The only negative I could find was the exercise room. On the website it looks huge, but in reality it is in a tiny room by the ice machine. Other than that, I felt it was a nice place to stay. I am sure we will return. The beach is lovely and the people are super friendly!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank mamaoftwins2
theIslanderInn, General Manager at Islander Inn, responded to this review, 4 July 2015
Dear Guest,
We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a great review. We do hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon!
Warmest Regards.
Islander Inn.

Morrisville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Inn to celebrate our four-year wedding anniversary and we could not have had a better experience. The Inn's manager was available at check-in and went out of his way to answer our questions and ask if there was anything he could do for us during our stay. Our oceanfront room was large, yet comfortable, tastefully-decorated, and super clean, despite the fact we were in a pet-friendly room. Even our six-year old beagle/lab mix was happy and felt right at home. The staff at the hotel were beyond friendly, did a great job making sure we always had fresh towels and gave us wonderful directions and reccomendations for nearby restaurants. The daily breakfreast was delicious and was complete with homemade waffles and fresh coffee, which we brought back to the room to enjoy from our balcony overlooking the ocean. This place is a true gem on Ocean Isle...the only bad part was we could only stay the weekend. I would reccomend it to anyone looking to get away for a worry-free weekend at the beach. We also saw three beautiful weddings going on while we were there so we know it must be a great spot to tie the knot AND celebrate your anniversary. If you are visiting Ocean Isle, I would not stay anywhere else!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Obxsarac
Harvest, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2010

I highly recommend this hotel to all travellers going to the North Carolina coast. The hotel is the perfect size, the rooms were very nice. The beds were THE most comfortable beds I have ever slept on! The hotel management and staff were great. We loved it so much here...we even stayed an extra night!! I can't say enough positive things about the hotel and the town.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review. Happy to hear you enjoyed our wonderful hotel and both of our pools. We do hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon!
Warmest Regards

Jacksonville, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2010

Great room, hospitality, and continental breakfast. Only negative is the hallways outside the rooms are a little stuffy maybe b/c of poor ventilation, but once inside the room everything is perfect.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends
Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2010

We spent a week at Ocean Isle Beach and stayed at the Islander Inn. The room was clean, the beds were very comfortable, and the staff was friendly. The location is great. The only complaint that I have is that there were issues with the hot water in our shower in building 1. We showered in two other rooms during our stay which was inconvenient. This was our first trip to Ocean Isle Beach and we will definitely be back. We enjoyed our visit and our stay at The Islander Inn. We will stay at The Islander Inn on our next visit with the hope that the hot water issue is resolved. It is no fun taking an icy shower. Oh, the extended checkout option is great plus. We were able to enjoy the beach much longer on our last day.

1 Thank vacationer19922005
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ocean Isle Beach
Ocean Isle Inn
Ocean Isle Inn
#1 of 3 in Ocean Isle Beach
BEST WESTERN Ocean Sands Beach Resort
BEST WESTERN Ocean Sands Beach R...
#3 of 53 in North Myrtle Beach
#2 of 3 in Shallotte
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 3 in Shallotte

Been to Islander Inn? Share your experiences!