“Excellent She Crab Soup - Yes Please!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Pelicans Perch

Pelicans Perch
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Cheap Eats, Bar Scene, Groups, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
North Carolina
“Excellent She Crab Soup - Yes Please!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I stopped here for a quick lunch and ordered a combo cup so she crab soup and side salad ($13). I have had this soup at many different places and have to say it was wonderful :). The service was good and the customers were laughing and seemed to be enjoying themselves. There is outside seating also.

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Greenville, North Carolina
“Pretty good, not bad, I can't complain.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

Got into town after a long drive. Wait staff was friendly, welcoming and helpful. Had a fish sandwich that was good. So much food I didn't have to eat dinner that night.

Visited May 2014
Thank b.v.
Greensboro, North Carolina
“Would go back!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

My best friend and I stopped in Saturday night (4/21/14) for a late dinner. They had a band playing that was wonderful (Fat Jack). We started with the fried green tomatoes. They were great. I had the corn & crab chowder. My friend had the french dip. I can not rave enough about the corn & crab chowder. It was one of the best soups I have ever had. The french dip (they call by some fancy pelican name :) was also good. We will definately be going back!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Ocean Isle Beach, North Carolina
“Pelicans Perch try some place else”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

Tried both lunch (twice) with a friend and dinner with family. Waitresses on all occasions were friendly and helpful. Meals came from the kitchen slowly even when specials were ordered. Some will appreciate they are not 2nd Amendment friendly.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Durham, NC
“Better for lunch than dinner”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

We went to the Pelican's Perch on the strength of the menu which was printed in the current edition of the Ocean Isle magazine which was in our hotel room. Turns out they are no longer offering such an extensive menu so our choices were rather limited. We ordered clam chowder and were told they were out of it. Really? At 6:30 at night? At a seaside restaurant? Hard to believe. We had the oyster rockefeller soup instead, which was fine but rather rich for my taste. The menu items were basically sandwiches and bar snacks so we went with that. The hushpuppies were really excellent, the best we had during our stay. Way too many TVs tuned to competing channels for my taste. Our waitress, Jill, was ridiculously overworked (it looked like it was just her, the guy behind the bar, and whomever was in the kitchen) but she was a model of efficiency and somehow got us served in a reasonable amount of time. Bottom line: I imagine this place is great for lunch but I'd spend my dinner dollars elsewhere.

Visited March 2014