“Breakfast at OIB”

Castaway Grill
Price range: US$6 - US$14
Cuisines: American, Greek
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We tried the Castaway Grill for a quick change of pace from our usual standbys - The Purple Onion in Shallotte and Sarah's Kitchen in Sunset Beach. Castaway is just off the island behind the Tsunami's Surf Shop, so it's very convenient. We went around 9:30am on a Friday and it was almost deserted, so we were seated and served quickly. We got an order of scrambled eggs with bacon, home fries, and a biscuit. My partner ordered an omelet with ham and cheese. I have to say the portions were very generous and the food was good. If it were an option, I would have rated it 3.5 out of 5. The only thing keeping me from giving it a 4 rating is that the food is served on styrofoam plates. But because it is so convenient to the island, we will probably be back.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

always crowded, casual, comfortable, packed by lunchtime off season, waitresses friendly and appropriate...this is a diner/restaraunt and does a great job with breakfast. Judging by the late morning after 11 am crowd the lunch customers are happy too.

Reviewed 4 January 2014 via mobile

We regularly eat at this restaurant and the prices are great, food is fantastic, and service is friendly! A local's favorite.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

Been great everytime we have eat there. We will make it a regular place to eat when the wife and I are at the beach.

Reviewed 6 November 2013

We are locals and have been to Castaways for breakfast twice and stopped by for dinner tonight. I have no idea how this place has any reviews that aren't great??!! Each time we've been here the food has been excellent and the service friendly and the amount of food served with each order is far more than what most places serve. Plus the prices are down right reasonable!! My wife and I had the Chicken and the Pork Souvlaki this evening and it was expertly prepared.

We spoke with the owners son as we were leaving and were told they are going to be expanding the menu over the next few months and also adding beer and wine. Trust me they're very few options close by home around here to chose from and we are glad Castaways Grill is one of them!!