“The best sandwich I've had in years”
Review of Causeway Gourmet

Causeway Gourmet
Cuisines: American, Delicatessen
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Marion, South Carolina
“The best sandwich I've had in years”
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

Two words: The Godfather.

Incredible, delicious. Good art on the walls. On right just before the bridge. Save room for dessert, very capable chefs and friendly people.

Durham, North Carolina
“Amazing! Go here.”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

This is a caterer who decided to add a dining room and also delivers to the island. I had the chef's special, 14oz. sirloin strip encrusted in bleu cheese, chopped bacon and carmelized onions surrounded by a pool of sherry-cream reduction. I didn't think I could eat 14 oz. of beef in one sitting but I did! So good! My husband had the gumbo and he was amazed at how much shrimp, chicken and sausage was in it. And very tasty too. Then he had to order their chocolate cream pie. It was a quarter of pie, rich chocolate with a pile of whipped cream on the top. Great place, very relaxed atmosphere, amazingly reasonable prices. Eat in, take out or call it in! Just go!

Visited May 2014
Berlin, Germany
“Amazing food!”
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

Came here for lunch with a friend today and was blown away. The atmosphere was just ok, but the food was so good and fresh. I had the Greek shrimp salad special and added grilled portabella mushrooms... The portion was large with fresh ingredients and perfectly seasoned shrimp and homemade salad dressing. I mean... it was just a salad, but at the same time it was just so delicious!

My friend ordered the vegan wrap, which she said was amazing. She also had the tomato dill soup, which was steaming hot and was obviously homemade out of puréed tomatoes. The desserts and cakes looked so good, but we were too full to try them. I'll definitely go back in a day or two- the menu had so many great options for both lunch and dinner. I've been coming to ocean isle since I was a kid, and this is by far the best place in Ocean Isle, Calabash, and Shallotte. Don't miss it! Would also be a great takeout place... they have a big dining area but the atmosphere is lacking, and the A/C is way too cold.

Wilmington, DE
“Get the coconut cake!”
Reviewed 16 May 2014

I had a great blackened salmon BLT sandwich on wonderful rosemary focaccia bread with fresh lettuce and tomatoes. And as another reviewer said, the coconut cake was outstanding. My husband had the hot pastrami and cheese sandwich and he loved it...both sandwiches had exceptional bread. We will definitely go there again and they deliver. The acoustics weren't great so dinner there would not be something we would enjoy and there was a screaming child there at lunchtime who belonged to one of the workers and that was a little annoying. Our waitress wa excellent.

• Visited May 2014
Little River, South Carolina
“Wow!”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

First time, but won't be the last. Stopped by on our last night in OIB. we ordered a vegan wrap, classic reuben and several salads. Everything was great. The place was packed on a Friday night. Wait time for order was a bit slow, but it was worth it after the first bite. Call ahead.

• Visited May 2014