This was a stop over on the way to the beach (in Florida) for the week. We traveled this leg with friends and we decided since it was just 2 days/nights that it would be ok, but it was just not up to our preference and rating. Maybe for 2 people, but really cramped for 2 adults and 2 kids.
THINGS TO KNOW:
1. Ocean front rooms smaller than the rooms facing the marsh area (3 Ocean front to 2 Marsh view)
2. These are truly a hotel room only with micro amenities in the room (details below)
3. Rooms NOT ocean front have NO balcony
4. NICE to have small bar sink outside of bathroom, had to double as a place to brush teeth.
5. Bathroom had nice tub and arched shower curtain, but it is really low - the curtain really hangs inside the tub, and you actually step on it.
6. The marsh rooms are really a nice size and the bedding was fine, just (I can't believe I am going to say this) too plush/squishy for my taste, but it was tasteful and I disagree with a comment I read before we left about it being 70's décor. it was fine, just not over the top plush. The bedding really was fine.
7. Our room connected to our friends, but we had to get a maid to key unlock from each side and it was weird once it was unlocked, we could not lock it - since it required a key.
8. The microwave was below the TV (seemed odd placement)
9. There was a coffee maker in the room, and a small college dorm refrigerator - but it was nice to have the refrig. I am too much of a germaphob to use the coffee maker.
10. "Breakfast" is doable - but we went out - the breakfast sandwiches had more sodium than a body should be allowed - it was like 79-80% of the daily allowed. It did however have a waffle maker like at the Marriott restaurants. The breakfast area was VERY basic. Folding tables, etc. ALL Styrofoam - and teeny-tiny coffee cups. It was not something we would go back to - but then again, I have been spoiled.
11. My friend said she used the bathroom area outside of the breakfast conference room and it was nice enough and roomy enough.
12. Decent beach and I just recommend that you leave the day you check out before the many people start to leave. We went to breakfast off the island Saturday and when we returned the cards were lined up for miles to get off the island.
Bottom line, not bad if you don't need frills and don't mind basic. It was pretty quiet and we slept good enough. The AC unit is not the best - our room was VERY humid, but temps ok. Our friend said their room was a bit better.
I am NOT hating on this place, it's just not a place I would go back to - but it worked for what we needed, but if I were in the same boat again, I would choose a different option.
PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THIS REVIEW HAS BEEN HELPFUL!!! (THANKS)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the coast of southeastern North Carolina is the Ocean Isle Inn. An Oceanfront property which is the perfect oasis for leisure travel, beach weddings, golf outings, family reunions or even business. Enjoy our beaches and all the amenities ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Ocean Isle Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean Isle Hotel Ocean Isle Beach
- Hotel Ocean Isle