All reviews full kitchen garden room breakfast buffet palm trees tropical paradise mini suite shuffle board off season wedding coordinator tiki hut north carolina rocking chairs ocean view get away laid back king bed third floor
Reviewed 12 November 2018

I wanted to get an Airbnb but decided to try something new. The people who took my reservation and checked me in were great as was the lady at the breakfast buffet. I was not comfortable in my room; although it was clean, it just needs an update at some point. The bathroom is small. There is a bucket of sand outside my room where someone threw a cigarette so there is just a cigarette butt on the wooden porch. And on the way to our room (we were in the Mariners suites) there are some rib bones just sitting there; maybe someone put them out for their dog and they were never picked up. I don't think I will be back.

Date of stay: November 2018
GarisonKaufman, Guest Services Manager at The Winds Resort Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2018

Dear merry10,

Thank you for trying something new in choosing The Winds for your stay and thank you for providing your feedback. I am sorry that the choice did not work out well for you. It is, of course, completely unacceptable that there were rib bones by your cottage and I apologize fully for that. We found them scattered around several cottages and have been unable to determine where they came from. I am sorry that Housekeeping had not cleared the sand bucket nor found and picked up all the bones prior to your arrival. Thank you for your compliments for the Guest Services and Garden Room staff. We regret that we have lost your patronage, but hope you have a great many good, new experiences ahead of you.

Reviewed 11 November 2018

Our suite was cute - could use updating but it's very cozy. Bathrooms are on the small side. Word to the wise, stay on the top floor, as you can hear chairs scrape across the floor above you. The views are AMAZING and the rocking chairs provided are comfy. There are resident cats that are so sweet to watch move through the dune grass.

The breakfast that's included in your stay is so good. You really couldn't ask for any better Southern comfort food.

Room tip: I'd recommend staying on the top floor. You can hear chairs scraping across the wood floors.
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear mrsmoseley2009,

Thank you for staying at The Winds and thank you for posting your review. I’m sorry if you were bothered by your upstairs neighbors. However, I’m glad you had a cozy stay and enjoyed the view from your suite and the Southern Buffet Breakfasts. I hope you and your family will be returning for another stay with us.

Reviewed 7 November 2018 via mobile

Our visit with friends at The Winds was perfect!! It felt like a home away from home!! Accomadations were very comfortable! The beds slept heavenly! Breakfast was delicious and abundant. Will definitely plan our next family get together at The Winds!!!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
GarisonKaufman, Guest Services Manager at The Winds Resort Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2018

Dear Connector34131225400,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and thank you for providing your comments. It’s so nice to learn that The Winds felt like a home to you. I’m glad you enjoyed your time here so much that we’ll be the destination for your family’s next get together.

Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

If you want glistening glass towers with lazy river pools stay in Myrtle.
But if you want an immaculately clean beach vacation the way you remember, The Winds is for you.
Great grounds, great staff and the breakfast will more than satisfy.
Definitely worth checking out.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
GarisonKaufman, Guest Services Manager at The Winds Resort Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2018

Dear Jeff C,

Thank you for staying at The Winds and thank you for posting your review. I hope you won’t mind if I use “Old School Beach Charm” now and again myself to describe our little Resort. That is such a picture-perfect tag. Thank you for that and thanks too for your kind words for our staff. We look forward to welcoming you back for another beach vacation with us.

Reviewed 6 November 2018 via mobile

My wife and I keep returning year after year because The Winds is our favorite "go to" place on the North Carolina beaches. There isn't much more I can say about the greatness of The Winds in addition to what I've said in the previous 7 reviews ( read them ) except to say that this property remains consistently great decade after decade. I found out The Winds has been family owned , and in the same family, since the 1970's so that explains a lot why the staff is so friendly, the breakfasts are so good, the rooms are so comfortable and well appointed, the flowers/plants/ landscaping is so inviting. We brought a different couple with us this time, we all stayed in 208, and they loved it too. We talked about going back together maybe in early Spring. Also, I unexpectedly ran into my cousin and his wife in the Garden Room at breakfast...they live in Myrtle Beach but "ran away" to The Winds for 2 nights and this was their second time there because they enjoy it there so much.
Stay here...you'll love it, too.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tom H

Dear Tom H,

Thank you for choosing The Winds for yet another stay. We are so grateful for your patronage and your exceedingly kind words about our staff, the landscaping, your accommodations and, oh yes, the breakfasts. As a family-built and family-owned property we do take special pride in our Resort and I’m glad you think it shows in what was created here and in our work. Thank you for telling folks to “stay here.” We hope we’ll be getting to see you again in the Spring, perhaps along with some new guests who take your advice.