“Best Crab Cake Sandwich Ever”
Review of Jason's

Jason's
Ranked #6 of 33 Restaurants in Ocracoke
Price range: US$4 - US$24
Cuisines: American, Pizza, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Groups, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Specializing in pizza, fresh local seafood and italian cuisine. Something for everyone. Casual setting and family friendly
Roanoke, Virginia
“Best Crab Cake Sandwich Ever”
Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

Surely the best crab cake sandwich (deep fried) I've ever eaten. Pizza was delicious.Seafood gumbo so good Great prices for beer. Desserts were great. Service was awesome. This place is the anchor for good food in Ocracoke with a cozy diner feel. Love it.

Ocracoke
“I Don't Understand Why Jason's Isn't #1”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Alright, listen up. I've been to the majority of the restaurants on this island, and to be completely honest here, most of them are mediocre at best. The problem lies in the fact that Ocracoke is an island, which is kind of hard to change. You can't exactly go elsewhere if you don't like the places to eat in town, so that allows restaurants to overcharge for food that's probably been lying around in a freezer for 6 months. I can't even cook Kraft mac and cheese without destroying half my kitchen, but I'm pretty sure even I could cook something more edible than most of the places on the "best" restaurants list. But fortunately, Jason's here has restored my faith in the restaurants of Ocracoke. It is a glorious beacon of deliciousness in a sea of hellish overpriced and poorly run "dining" establishments. To be completely honest, when I was walking up to the door, I genuinely thought that Jason's was going to be one of those sketchy rinky dink little restaurants. But oh dear god was I wrong. Jason's is the loveliest place on the island! First of all, the staff are genuine and kind human beings, which gives it a homey and relaxed atmosphere. They're easily the nicest people that I've ever had the pleasure to be served by, so thank you Jason's employees. But that's just the tip of the iceberg, my friend. The food is fantastic and it seems to all be homemade. If I was a local I would probably just go to Jason's every night. All the fish is fresh and tasty, and I have never seen a restaurant serve such nice crab cakes. The crab cakes are huge, and I didn't even see any bread filler in them. That's a miracle in itself! But the icing on this deliciously wonderful cake is the price. After being on Ocracoke for a week, I was worried I was going to have to start selling some of my lesser used organs on the black market to pay for all this overpriced food. But that's when Jason's came in, serving spectacular food for an affordable price. I sound like a McDonald's ad, but at least Jason's lives up to my claims. And so, I've just spent 30 minutes of my life writing a review for a restaurant that I probably won't be able to go back to for another few years. Actually this is the first restaurant review I've ever written. I always thought these things were pretty stupid, and although I still think that even after basically writing an entire essay on the topic, I just really want to get the word out about Jason's. It's a humble little place, but Jason's is by far the best restaurant on this island. I hope you're willing to make a wise decision, and eat at a lovely restaurant.

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank Wumbodumbo
Wise, Virginia
“Outstanding Pizza”
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Jason's has great pizza! Only been on the island 3 days and had Jason's pizza twice already. Great place to eat

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank J_Elkins18
Hooversville, Pennsylvania
“Nice place to stop after a long day at the beach!”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We have stopped at Jason's every time we traveled to Ocracoke. They have the best sandwiches and fries! The service is great- making sure our glasses were filled. The bathrooms were clean. You can eat inside or outside.

Visited June 2014
Pittsburgh
“Stop here! ”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

This place is small on the inside (There is outside screened seating but no ac out there) but is worth the stop while in Ocracoke. I had the fresh catch of blue fish. I ordered it blackened. I never had blue fish before but thought it was great. Hubby had the pizza and liked it. Kids got buttered noodles served with garlic bread. The waitress was nice. We bought a shirt because we liked the place so much! It is on the left as soon as you enter Ocracoke Village. You won't regret stopping here. One final note...the bathrooms are super small. Not a deal breaker though. Go here!!!