“Excellent food”

Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Celebrating its tenth season now on the island, Dajio showcases the best of Ocracoke’s local ingredients, artisans and musicians. The menu changes with the seasons to bring guests the finest ingredients from sea, farm or garden, at the peak of freshness. Enjoy the air-conditioned interior or alfresco dining on the jasmine-covered patio and lively music at the Dajio bar many summer nights. The menu includes extensive gluten-free and vegetarian options. Bring in your catch and they will cook it for you. At Dajio, we believe that the most memorable meals and evenings start from scratch.
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Very good food, served quicker than expected for a large group of 16. Everything we had was delicious.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,073)

Reviewed 26 June 2018

Dajio offers some great dining on the Island. For seafood lovers I recommend the Seachuterie Board - a great sampling of sushi grade local seafood. We had the scallops and crab mac dinners. The crab mac dinner is rather large and rich. The Scallops were perfect and served with a blend of fresh flavors. Dajio Bar is the only place open past 9pm so it is a great place to wrap up an evening and is a short bike ride from anywhere on the island. If you are staying on the Island more than a few days I recommend you find Dajio for a meal or as an after nine nightcap or late pizza.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went to Dajio’s for dinner on our recent trip to Ocracoke. The food was out of this world. I had the lump crab Mac and cheese which was flavorful and loaded with huge chunks of crab. My husband’s rockfish was perfect. We finished our meal with the hoho cake and the key lime pie which were to die for! Courtney our server was awesome! She was attentive, upbeat and knowledgeable. We will definitely go back next year on our annual trip to Ocracoke!

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We went here as a family. The crab Mac and cheese was a hit with my daughter and husband. I loved the crab cakes, some of the best I ever had! The service was wonderful. I recommend it and would return here for a meal.

Reviewed 21 June 2018

Waitstaff gave good advice on choices. Soft shell crab po'boy was delicious. There is indoor and outdoor seating.