“Surfing Ocracoke? Stop here first!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ride the Wind

Ride the Wind
More attraction details
Owner description: Ride the Wind is a full service surf shop, offering surf instruction, surf camps, surf & kayak rentals, Standup Paddleboarding, and the latest in surf apparel, footwear, and sunglasses.
Raleigh, North Carolina
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Surfing Ocracoke? Stop here first!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2013 via mobile

This is a well run surf shop for anyone interested in surfing while on Ocracoke. They have nearly anything you need here and the rental equipment is pretty good. I found the prices to be reasonable, especially for a resort location. The staff are friendly, knowledgable and helpful. They really helped to make our surfing adventure more fun.

Visited May 2013

Jacksonville, NC
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Great kayaking tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2012

My husband and I like to go kayaking on most trips we take. I always choose a tour since we never know the local waters. Our guide was very knowledgable about local waters, history, and wildlife. It was a relaxing tour out the harbor to Springers Point. Make sure you bring a camera (waterproof). I am hoping to bring our boys the next time we go (ages 12 and 10) I'm sure they would be able to keep up without a problem.

Visited August 2012
richmond, virginia
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Wonderful Kayak Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2011

My husband and I signed up for the guided kayak tour. Our two young guides were very knowledgable about the area, the history and the wildlife and were quick to answer any questions we had. We took the evening tour that started at six and ended around 8:30ish...so we got to see the sun set over the Pamlico sound which was beautiful. We also made a stop at a nature preserve near where Blackbeard supposedly anchored his ships...then took a paddle down a marshy creek. Overall, it was a great experience and a different way to see parts of the island.

Visited August 2011