“Very nice pub food by the sea”
Review of sMacNally's

sMacNally's
Ranked #7 of 34 Restaurants in Ocracoke
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We decided to stop here for lunch and drinks. It was a sunny day and the place was packed, but we did luck out and found a table by the water. Even thought the place was hopping, the waiters made sure we were well serviced. The prices were good and the food quality was very good. The fried fish was flounder, came out right away and was steaming hot. The sauces all tasted freshly made. The fries were steel cut and fresh. Very nice job, guys! I am impressed.

1  Thank tkcary

Reviewed 8 March 2014

The food is delicious and the atmosphere is awesome! Makes my mouth water just thinking about their food!

Reviewed 5 November 2013

We were strolling around and saw this place. The atmosphere was great, overlooking the water, watching the ships go by and sitting in the sun. The food was surprising good. We had fresh fish, drum, which I'd never had before, and it was delicious. The service was good. It was my best meal while I was there.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

As you sit at a table on the dock, listening to great music, friendly service, and friendly locals smile and chat....You get to watch charter ships go out, ferries come in....fish being cleaned....it is everything a fishing town restaurant should be! We got the catch of the day sandwiches which, were flounder...and fabulous, This is my new favorite place to eat down in Ocracoke and I will be returning....my hope, they have a shirt in my size next time!! :)

Reviewed 31 October 2013 via mobile

My wife and I visited here on a Monday afternoon. I ordered my usual cheeseburger and my wife had steamed shrimp. Very few customers. It took forever for someone to notice we were there. Then, after we finally got our order in it took about 40 minutes to receive our food. How long does it take to make a cheeseburger and steam some shrimp? The waitress found a lot of time to visit some friends sitting at the bar, though. Also, the view isn't as great as some suggest. Plenty of other good options on the island to waste another visit here.