Pam's Pelican Bed & Breakfast
All reviewsbeach chairsgolf cartb bhome away from homewelcoming placelate septemberwonderful hostsrooms are comfortablea hootlaid back atmospheregreat place to staywithin easy walking distancemini fridgecoffee potvisiting ocracokedalecooler
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 September 2013

This place is not fancy and quite funky. Has soul though and Pam's eggs are great. If you just need the basics, they are here and Pam has a generous, likeable spirit. It is certainly a money saver. Refrigerators in room and beach chairs provided.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Pamspelican, Owner at Pam's Pelican Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2013

Thank you bot very much for staying with me! I also enjoyed your stay! Please come stay with me again (especially if you can stay longer, for more breakfasts)! Thanks again, Pam

Reviewed 9 September 2013

For the most part, our stay was great! The breakfast was fulfilling and the room and rest of the house was clean. The outside staircase is nice along with the rooftop porch. Pam is a delight and willing to tell you anything you want to know about what there is to do and such. The free bikes, beach chairs, and cooler is a huge plus. There is also use of a golf cart available (for tips). The small part that was not so great was the presence of a disruptive guest, who spent her nights cooking to music and doing dishes until 11:00pm. I mention this because Pam noticed! And wanted everyone to know that it was dealt with. So while the experience our first evening was blemished by the unruly guest, our overall experience was a pleasant one and we would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The Zen Sunrise is wonderful to just lay in bed and watch the sun come up through the trees, and is furthest way from the other rooms.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

I am very sorry about the unruly guest, but I now have a star beside her name! Thank you very much for staying with me & staying for a second night also! I enjoyed ya'lls visit & please come visit again! Thanks, Pam

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Pam's should be called Breakfast & A Bed because the breakfast was fantastic! We had sweet potato waffles one day, breakfast pizza the next, banana pancakes the next...always with a side of bacon. The best part about Pam's is Pam! She is welcoming, helpful and enthusiastic!. The B&B had everything we needed; bikes, a cooler, ice, beach chairs, in room microwave and fridge. The house was very clean and filled with books, magazines and games for relaxing on the porches. We also used a grills, fire pit and gazebo outside. Very nice alternative to a hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Dreamcatcher, which was one of the smaller ones, but we never spent more than our 8 hours of sleep there, so it was perfect. This room was next to the kitchen, but Pam was super polite with her morning cooking and made very little noise. I think Deep Blue connects to the 2nd story porch.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank zibs
Pamspelican, Owner at Pam's Pelican Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2013

Heck yeah! Glad that you had fun at "Your Beach House" on Ocracoke Island, North Carolina! Please come visit again soon! Thanks so Much, Pam

Reviewed 13 August 2013

This bed and breakfast is the best place that I have stayed in on the island so far. We stayed in the Zen Sunrise room which is meant for three people and could have fit four. It was clean and nicely decorated. It opened out to a shared deck where we had our own little happy hour with purchases from Zillies Island Pantry. The breakfast Pam made was delicious and different everyday. She was enthusiastic and extremely gracious. Ocracoke is one of our favorite places to go and I will be staying here next year for sure. I need to try her new creation....Elvis pancakes. Oh and she has four rooms so if you rent the whole place she said you can use the kitchen and all of her amenities.

• Stayed: July 2013
Pamspelican, Owner at Pam's Pelican Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Thank you soooo much! I also enjoyed your visit & I hope that you can come back & stay with me again! Thanks, Pam

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Pam's Pelican B&B is our favorite B&B on the OBX! My husband, 11 year old daughter, and I stayed for 3 nights and we absolutely loved it!

My daughter loved Pam and said she was soooo nice. It was her 1st time at a B&B and she stated that it was so much nicer than staying at a hotel!

Pam is a wonderful host and excellent cook. The breakfasts were awesome! She always had bacon and delicious cheesy eggs along with fruit, yogurt and many other yummy food.

We stayed in the Zen Sunrise room and it was wonderful. There was a nice deck, comfy beds, fridge, microwave, beach chairs, cooler, etc.... All the amenities you could need.

We loved using her bikes to explore Ocracoke! The B&B is within walking or biking distance to everything on the island.

Pam's hospitality, delicious cooking, great prices, etc....make this B&B a great choice! We can't wait to visit her again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank jkueny
Pamspelican, Owner at Pam's Pelican Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Thank ya'll soooo much for staying with me! I really enjoyed visiting with you and your great family! I am looking foreward to your next visit! (tell your daughter that I said hello) Thanks, Pam