“Very relaxing trip!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ocracoke
Pam's Pelican Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 7 Ocracoke B&B and Inns
Chester, Virginia
“Very relaxing trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

We were originally scheduled to stay at another BNB but the location cancelled at the last minute. We quickly called Pam to see if rooms were available and they were. She was very accommodating and got us squared away very quickly. We stayed in the Sun Daze room and found it to be super comfortable the sea shell shower head to a bit to get use to though. As we were already told Pam's breakfast's were amazing and she was not shy on the portions everyone left with full belly! I would definitely encourage others to stay at Pam's Pelican, we look forward to more trips to the island. Also we were there from March 20-23.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Pamspelican, Owner at Pam's Pelican Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Providing you with a great Ocracoke vacation & a hearty breakfast is my goal! I am soooo glad that you enjoyed your stay with me! Thank you and please come visit again soon! Thanks very much, Pam

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

My husband and I have been coming to Ocracoke for the past couple years with our families, and this year we decided to add on an extra day for ourselves once our week in a vacation rental home was up. We chose to stay at Pam's, based upon reviews and great feedback we'd heard. We could not have been happier with our stay. For starters, Pam is wonderful. She's down to earth, laid back, friendly, and accommodating. We stayed in the Dreamcatcher room, and we loved the decor... especially the newly installed shower head that is actually a conch shell. The room was cozy and had several amenities... even beach chairs and a cooler for the shore. The atmosphere at Pam's is very inviting- from the porch swing to the common space you walk into upon entering. There is a large table and a shelf full of games, as well as a cozy couch and a tv. We enjoyed sitting downstairs while we waited on family members to meet up with us, especially because Pam's is dog friendly... couldn't resist petting a few cute pooches while we waited. The breakfast was great, too. During our stay, Pam made yummy homemade Belgian waffles, scrambled eggs, fresh pineapple, yogurt, the works. We weren't ready to leave and we can't wait to come back to visit.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you very much for adding a stay with me on top of your existing Ocracoke vacation! It is my pleasure for you to enjoy my house and to enjoy the big breakfast that was made for your enjoyment also! Thank you so very much for choosing to stay with me! I hope you will come back when you can stay with me even longer! Thanks again, Pam
Levittown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

My husband and I stayed this past Sept with our two dogs and it was great. The breakfast was great and Pam was charming and kind, always a smile. Just booked for this year and can't wait to come back. The place is very laid back and Pam makes you feel right at home. Wonderful little place to book and enjoy your vacation.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Pamspelican, Owner at Pam's Pelican Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Thank you! I am looking forward to ya'lls next visit! See you soon! Thanks, Pam
Graham, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2013

pet friendly. Pam takes gourmet breakfast requests and loans her golf cart. she provided all the comforts of home....fire place ( wood provided), ice, board games, DVDs,living room,kitchen, etc. outside lovely garden, gazebo, balconies, fire pit ( wood provided). Pam is extremely layed back.....out of site until needed or breakfast. Pam called to report expensive electronics forgotten in room after checkout. Pams has warm, inviting, island state of mind atmosphere.

Room Tip: Deep Blue is the room we were in
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you very much for your visit & good review! Guests like ya'll make my "job" even more enjoyable! Thanks so much, Pam
Chesapeake, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

This is the second time we have stayed at Pam's. The first was for my wifes birthday. We had the Zen room that time and it was amazing with the view and the spiral staircase to the roof and all the way to the yard. We stayed in the Dreamcatcher this past visit due to the Zen being booked. This one was quite unique with the shower head being a large conch shell. The rooms are very clean and well kept. The rooms have microwaves, coffee makers, and refrigerators. She also has beach chairs, coolers, and bikes for all the guests while many places on the island offer rental on all these items. It is located close enough to everything to either walk or use a bike. Now the best part of the whole trip is her hospitality and those amazing breakfasts. She is very laid back making breakfast with six complete strangers very rewarding. We are planning to come back next year for a whole week.

Room Tip: Zen room is the best.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Pamspelican, Owner at Pam's Pelican Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
Heck yeah! I hope you bring your family & friends(rent the entire house!). I look foreward to seeing ya'll again, that was a fun week for me also! Thanks, Pam
North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

When we booked this trip, we hadn't even seen the great reviews. I was looking for pet-friendly places on the island, and ended up calling three for rates. The rates were all comparable, but we decided to go with Pam's because it was Bed and Breakfast, so we figured if all three had comparable prices, we'd go with the one that included breakfast.

The week of our Trip, Pam called to let us know that the storm (what was left of Karen) would be gone and that, even though the government shut-down had closed most of the things we wanted to see on the Outer Banks, we could still walk on the beaches here in Ocracoke. Everytime I spoke with her she was extremely nice.

You've probably already read, but beach chairs, a cooler, bikes, and golf carts are all available for guest use! There's a lovely living room/game room downstairs with books, puzzles, and games - very family friendly. I already knew I'd write a favorable review, but then something happened tonight that definitely made it a "done deal". We had gotten our dog, Roxie, one of those hollow bones filled with peanut butter from a grocery store in Nag's Head. She's had these before. but this time she got her bottom jaw stuck INSIDE the bone! We couldn't get it off! Pam was very helpful - she gave us a phone number to call of someone who may be able to help (there's no vet on the island), looked up the emergency vet's number in Manteo, and gave us tools to try to get it off. The whole time we were trying to get it off, she was trying to think of ways to help. After about a half hour, we did get the bone off and Roxie's great, but I thought it was great that Pam was so involved!

We will definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice, but next time we hope to get Deep Blue or Zen Sunrise so that we have access...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you Thank you! I was soooo glad that Roxie ended up being fine & enjoyed ya'll visit very much! I look foreward to seeing all three of you again soon! Thanks, Pam
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

I have stayed at many B&Bs and this one wins for my lowest rating. Not that anything was particularly bad, but the service and physical setting could use some TLC. Some of my suggestions for improvements: 1. greet your guests when they arrive. A sticky note doesn't cut it. A host who doesn't introduce herself to her guests doesn't make them feel welcome. 2. Buy softer toilet paper. 3. Replace dirty towels and make beds daily. 4. Don't smoke at a non-smoking B&B. 5. Restrict rogue people from coming in and out, or at least have them introduce themselves.
Overall it was a good but somewhat weird experience. I did like the breakfast, not fancy but adequate. Also enjoyed use of bikes and golf carts.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank MeisPeg40
Pamspelican, Owner at Pam's Pelican Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, 8 October 2013
Wow! I am sooo sorry that I did not meet your Ocracoke standards! House keeping is available upon request, as stated on Info. sheet posted in each room. I do occasionally have errands to run & therefore have to leava a note. My breakfasts normally speak for themselves... Again, I am sooo sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. Pam
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ocracoke
The Breakwater Inn
Hatteras Sands Campground
Hatteras Sands Campground
#9 of 15 in Hatteras Island
Hatteras Harbor Marina and Motel

Been to Pam's Pelican Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!