“Casual Atmosphere/Good Food”

Price range: US$10 - US$23
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Fresh local seafood, great burgers and specialty sandwiches, vegetarian options, kids menu, game room, NFL Ticket, Happy Hour Daily 5-7 1/2 price apps at the bar, Best Live Music Venue on the island, southern hospitality!!
Niagara Falls, New York
“Casual Atmosphere/Good Food”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Nice casual place to eat and relax. They have the best onion rings I have every tasted! Our server, Kathryn was pleasant, attentive, made good suggestions from the menu. Often have good live music in the evenings.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Catherine L

Ocracoke, North Carolina
“Breakfast for ballers”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The breakfast was so good and reminded me of home. Country breakfast at its finest. The service was great, perfect hangover fix.

1 Thank omaddox
Winston Salem, North Carolina
“Pub Food at it's Finest!”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

My wife and I went into Gaffer's on a whim for lunch, and I must say what a pleasant surprise! Now first of all be prepared, this is certainly a sports bar, TV's galore, loud music, etc which serves food. However, the service is beyond your typical "dive" and Kristen was friendly and knowledgeable server who seemed actually pleased to have us. We got the Frickles and Frooms appetizer, nicely battered and fried to perfection pickles and mushrooms and this was quickly followed by my wife's Shrimp BLT and my Bluefish Sandwich. Both were piping hot, tasted very freshly prepared (crisp lettuce on a sandwich in a "bar" KUDOS!!) and were simply wonderful sandwiches. I am in the restaurant business so I can be a tad judgmental but here there was nothing to judge negatively. We cannot recommend these sandwich's highly enough!

Knaresborough, United Kingdom
“This is a pub as opposed to a restaurant, and fine as it is.”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

When I read reviews about such places I am constantly amazed at the comments of people who clearly don't know where they are. If you go into Howard's, which is across the road, you know instantly that it is primarily a restaurant that also serves beer. Gaffers is the polar opposite. The minute you walk into Gaffers you know that it's a bar; and probably the one that the local guys hang out. Yeah, they do food, but in a bar like this do you expect anything special?

We actually went in purely for beer, and the service was fine. The pub was pretty quiet so the atmosphere was decidedly muted, which is why I only rate the pub as average.
Re the food? No idea - because if I was that bothered I would go to a restaurant.

1 Thank johnhouston2
Ocracoke, North Carolina
“Great hang out spot.”
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I frequent gaffers usually going out one or twice a week. Great atmosphere, attentive bartenders, good food, and excellent service. If you want to meet the locals and have a good time, give gaffs a try.

1 Thank lakilucid