“Almost Drive By This One”

Gaffer's Sports Pub
Ranked #4 of 34 Restaurants in Ocracoke
Price range: US$10 - US$23
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: Fresh local seafood, great burgers and specialty sandwiches, vegetarian options, kids menu, game room, NFL Ticket, Happy Hour Daily 5-7 1/2 price apps at the bar, Best Live Music Venue on the island, southern hospitality!!
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Almost Drive By This One”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

When we arrived on the island we were very hungry. The first place we came to was packed. This little place was nearly right across the street so we decided to stop. I'm so glad we did.

kid Friendly!!

Fred the owner was just fantastic. The food was really good and the environment was family friendly. We also liked that it wasn't in the downtown area because it wasn't as busy.

Met a few locals who gave us a few tips.

The prices are very reasonable and I don't think you will be disappointed in the food. I had the crab cake sandwich, which was well good.

Keep an eye to the left as you approach the village. It's easy to miss but the yellow siding helps it stand out.

Enjoy!!

1 Thank m s

Cincinnati, Ohio
“Breakfast”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Not many places open for breakfast on Ocracoke island
But this place has a good old fashioned country breakfast menu
Grits, biscuit sausage gravy.....mmmmm

Visited August 2014
1 Thank CHRISTIAAN T
Greenville, North Carolina
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best hangout in Ocracoke!”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

The short while I was in Ocracoke, there were so many things to do, but I found myself in Gaffer's every day. Gaffer's is a sports pub 2.0. It combines friendly staff, delicious food, and awesome tunes at night to create an experience that every islander and tourist alike can enjoy! Drinks are strong enough for the experience palate but not overpriced. All of this, in addition to great servers like Lindsay and Max really make for a fun night or five! :)

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank April C
Inwood, West Virginia
“Biggest and best pancakes on the island!”
Reviewed 8 August 2014

My husband and I spent the summer on Ocracoke and by far Gaffers has the best breakfast! Thank you Willie. Must also mention their chicken wings, they are outstanding and only 50¢ from 3-5 and all day on Sunday! We went for their Steak Night last night and it was a12 oz handcut Ribeye with salad bar and side for only$19.99 (very tender). Friendly service and the owners are wonderful. Can't wait to return at Thanksgiving.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Kathy M
Akron, Ohio
“My wife come's for the beach I come for the wings”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Gaffer's has wings for .50 cents from 3-5 everyday with 14 different flavors. It is first and foremost some of the best wings I've had anywhere and it is a great price for food out at a restaurant on the island. The wings are large and crisp, and sauces are great.

I just left my wife on the beach so I could get 40 wings.

My daughter says they have great steak sandwiches too.

• Visited August 2014