Bluff Shoal Motel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Ocracoke
See available hotels
Excellent 5/5
Great 4.5/5
The Breakwater Inn(Hatteras Island)
Very Good 4/5
Village Marina Motel(Hatteras Island)
Very Good 4/5
    All reviewspeople watchfront porchsilver lakegreat locationmiddle of towncedar islandouter banksgreat deckocracoke villagecan't wait to go backwithin walking distanceice machineplace to stayfull kitchenliving roomofficelighthouse
    FilterAll languages
    Reviewed 22 September 2013

Just returned from a great weekend at Bluff Shoal Motel. Loved it-very clean and simple. Each unit has a screened door and screened windows that open and close easily, as well as very cold a/c. Awesome location right in town on Silver Lake. We had a great view of the lighthouse from our back window although I'm not sure that all do. It was so nice to sit in the adirondack chairs by the water and watch the sunset and people-watch from the chairs on the front porch. There's a bike rack in the back yard of the motel which was helpful for storing our bikes when not in use. Coffee every morning in the office and also an ice machine. Housekeeping each day. Friendly staff. Can't wait to return!

• Stayed: September 2013
    2  Thank rbl2000
    Reviewed 2 August 2013

They were able to work me in the week before I was to head to the island with friends. I wanted to stay the first couple days by myself and regroup and then move into the house with friends. This was perfect! Great location, clean, friendly. Right in the middle of it all but quiet at night. I would only stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
    3  Thank CrossroadsArtCenter
    Reviewed 27 July 2013

My wife and I stayed one night at this charming retro 60's motel right on the waterfront. It only has seven rooms so grab one if you can! Room was clean and management was friendly and helpful. Location is convenient to everything. We parked our car and walked most everywhere. Great restaurant for breakfast and supper right across the street. Best part was walking out to the deck in back right on the harbor to enjoy a bottle of wine and the sunset! Get back to a slower way of life from the old Outer Banks and stay At Bluff Shoal.

Room Tip: Ask for room # 7 for great view of the lighthouse and harbor out the back window.
    • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed 15 July 2013

Retro strip motels can be hit or miss on quality and cleanliness. Bluff Shoal was a hit! Situated right on the main street, everything is within a mile and the rooms were clean and surprisingly roomy. you can either sit on the porch in front of your room and people watch or go out back and watch the sun set from the chairs on the bay. We wish we could have spent more time. The staff was very friendly as well.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
    1  Thank s00caa
    Reviewed 12 July 2013

I just tried calling this motel to make a reservation. It appeared my call dropped 3 times (it just quit ringing) so I called back again each time after a few minutes. The gentleman finally answered on the 4th call and instead of politely askinng if I could call back a little later as he was busy, he just said "you're calling at a bad time & I don't like your introduction either" ( I assume because I called back several times thinking my call had dropped). So I will not be booking at this motel despite what previous reviews say because I didn't like his customer service introduction either!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank MountainNan
    Wayne G, Manager at Bluff Shoal Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2013

The management apologizes for the misunderstanding. The phone call was dropped 3 times and since there was no human voice response on our end of the line, I hung up the phone. I honestly thought this was a solicitation call through an automated-robotic phone system and not a person on the line. The caller-id was also listed as an unknown caller. If I felt there was an actual person on the line, I would not have hung up. Please accept my apologies.