“Will try somewhere else next time”
Review of Crews Inn B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ocracoke
Crews Inn B&B
Ranked #5 of 7 Ocracoke B&B and Inns
USA
“Will try somewhere else next time”
Reviewed 18 August 2008

Our room was a good deal compared to the others we found online, however we did get what we paid for. Some of the more expensive rooms may have been more updated, however ours (the Parlor) had a few problems. The wall paper and window drapes were yellow from age/dust. The bathroom had some rotten areas in the wood. There was a huge spider that I had to kill on the wall and worst of all there were a couple huge cockroaches as well. Overall I just didn't feel that our room was clean or well taken care of. If you do stay here, I would recommend choosing a different room.

Breakfast was OK. A continental breakfast basically. A suggestion for a great breakfast/brunch place on the island is "The Flying Melon".

The room had a wall AC unit which we prefer so we can control the temp ourselves.

The host was a college student working there for the summer. We did not meet the owner of the house. The host was very nice, however the person changes every year/season. So who knows who you'll get when you go.

The location was just fine, but after visiting the island, any location would probably be fine. I would recommend renting a bicycle to tour the island, it was a great way to get around.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Room cleanliness
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank hooang

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 1 May 2005

We recently stayed at the Crew's Inn for our 1st anniversary. We loved it. It was very charming. It had lots of large patios that were nice to sit on and relax. It was very centrally located to town. Alton, the caretaker was very helpful. Our room was nice. Breakfast was average in the mornings. However our room like everything else on the island was very reasonably priced.
We would strongly recommend renting bikes and riding around the island. That was really, really fun. We had dinner one night at The Back Porch which was superb! We also had lunch one day at Jason's that had really great pizza, salads, and sandwiches. We had lunch another day at the Flying Melon which was good but had small portions.

• Stayed April 2005
11 Thank neitzjl
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 September 2003

I have visited Ocracoke several times & have always stayed at Crews Inn... I would never dream of staying anywhere else! Not only does the old island home have a very comfortable atmosphere (you won't feel like you're on vacation... you'll feel like you're at home & you've lived there forever!), but Mary is the most wonderful, kind woman you will encounter on the island (that's saying quite a bit since ALL the islanders are very special)! Due to a long-distance, family relocation (from New Jersey to Texas) and other obstacles along the way, I haven't been back to Ocracoke in a few years, but have never stopped thinking about the island, Crew's Inn & Mary... in fact, I even visit the Inn's website (www.ocracokers.com) occasionally when I'm getting "homesick" just for a taste of it all. I am definitely planning another trip in the near future ... I can't stand being away too much longer.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Greenville, SC
Reviewed 13 August 2003

The Crews Inn on Ocracoke Island is a wonderful place. It is like staying at a beloved relatives home. Mrs. Mary was a wonderful host and my wife and I look forward to returning soon.

10 Thank Jason G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ocracoke
The Breakwater Inn
Hatteras Sands Campground
Hatteras Sands Campground
#10 of 16 in Hatteras Island
Hatteras Harbor Marina and Motel

Been to Crews Inn B&B? Share your experiences!