“Romantic Honeymoon in January”
Review of Crews Inn B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ocracoke
Crews Inn B&B
Ranked #5 of 7 Ocracoke B&B and Inns
apple valley
“Romantic Honeymoon in January”
Reviewed 9 August 2009

We spent a week at crews in for our Honeymoon in 1994. Alton was a wonderful host, and put on a modest B &B. We chose the Captain's Quarters because of the woodwork and seafaring look to it. The atmosphere was simply this... private and romantic. I really suggest staying in the winter, as you have the island practically to yourself. I highly suggest Crews Inn if you are looking for a quiet cottage feel.

• Stayed January 2006, travelled as a couple
1 Thank luckyramu

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
USA
Reviewed 4 June 2009

I've been staying at the Crew's Inn BB for years and I love it there. The wrap around porch complete with porch swings and rocking chairs are where I hang out. I love the Crews Inn because of it's simplicity.....I forget about the rest of the world when I am there. No phones and televisions to interupt my peaceful and restful time. I think what makes the Crew's Inn so special is that you meet so many people from around the world who are so interesting. Conversations around the breakfast table can last forever. If you are looking for a glitzy 5 star experience where the staff waits on you, you might not enjoy the Crew's Inn. If you are looking for a laid back, friendly B&B where you can come and go as you please, choosing to join in on breakfast discussion or do your thing....Crews Inn will welcome you with open arms.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank luvocracoke
Florida Panhandle, Florida
Reviewed 25 October 2008

We stayed only one night, but were glad to move on. Our room was pretty basic, it and the bathroom were clean, but sparse. The furniture in the room and throughout the house, looked like it had been used and somewhat abused.
Nothing was done by the host to make it a memorable experience, in fact, she was no where to be found upon arrival. A whiteboard welcomed us, with a mis-spelling of our name. Breakfast was adequate. The experience left us feeling that there was no attention given to our stay and we would not go back.

• Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
3 Thank DenPow
USA
Reviewed 18 August 2008

Our room was a good deal compared to the others we found online, however we did get what we paid for. Some of the more expensive rooms may have been more updated, however ours (the Parlor) had a few problems. The wall paper and window drapes were yellow from age/dust. The bathroom had some rotten areas in the wood. There was a huge spider that I had to kill on the wall and worst of all there were a couple huge cockroaches as well. Overall I just didn't feel that our room was clean or well taken care of. If you do stay here, I would recommend choosing a different room.

Breakfast was OK. A continental breakfast basically. A suggestion for a great breakfast/brunch place on the island is "The Flying Melon".

The room had a wall AC unit which we prefer so we can control the temp ourselves.

The host was a college student working there for the summer. We did not meet the owner of the house. The host was very nice, however the person changes every year/season. So who knows who you'll get when you go.

The location was just fine, but after visiting the island, any location would probably be fine. I would recommend renting a bicycle to tour the island, it was a great way to get around.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Room cleanliness
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank hooang
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 1 May 2005

We recently stayed at the Crew's Inn for our 1st anniversary. We loved it. It was very charming. It had lots of large patios that were nice to sit on and relax. It was very centrally located to town. Alton, the caretaker was very helpful. Our room was nice. Breakfast was average in the mornings. However our room like everything else on the island was very reasonably priced.
We would strongly recommend renting bikes and riding around the island. That was really, really fun. We had dinner one night at The Back Porch which was superb! We also had lunch one day at Jason's that had really great pizza, salads, and sandwiches. We had lunch another day at the Flying Melon which was good but had small portions.

• Stayed April 2005
11 Thank neitzjl
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 21 September 2003

I have visited Ocracoke several times & have always stayed at Crews Inn... I would never dream of staying anywhere else! Not only does the old island home have a very comfortable atmosphere (you won't feel like you're on vacation... you'll feel like you're at home & you've lived there forever!), but Mary is the most wonderful, kind woman you will encounter on the island (that's saying quite a bit since ALL the islanders are very special)! Due to a long-distance, family relocation (from New Jersey to Texas) and other obstacles along the way, I haven't been back to Ocracoke in a few years, but have never stopped thinking about the island, Crew's Inn & Mary... in fact, I even visit the Inn's website (www.ocracokers.com) occasionally when I'm getting "homesick" just for a taste of it all. I am definitely planning another trip in the near future ... I can't stand being away too much longer.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Greenville, SC
Reviewed 13 August 2003

The Crews Inn on Ocracoke Island is a wonderful place. It is like staying at a beloved relatives home. Mrs. Mary was a wonderful host and my wife and I look forward to returning soon.

10 Thank Jason G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ocracoke
The Breakwater Inn
#4 of 5 in Hatteras Island
Hatteras Sands Campground
Hatteras Sands Campground
#9 of 16 in Hatteras Island

Been to Crews Inn B&B? Share your experiences!