“Interesting piece of Ocracoke history”
Review of Crews Inn B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ocracoke
Crews Inn B&B
Ranked #5 of 7 Ocracoke B&B and Inns
Reviewed 14 October 2010

My husband and I were also looking for a less expensive but interesting B&B in Ocracoke, and Crews Inn was exactly that. The Inn is a really neat old house, complete with old house squeaks and quirks, but that was part of the charm. Breakfast was delicious as long as you didn't expect a full spread like you find a larger/more expensive establishment. And it was great fun meeting the other people in the house. The porches were my favorite part - the house is tucked away from the road and my husband and I spent several relaxing hours sitting on the porch having an evening beverage. There's a beer, wine, cheese store almost across the street and use of the Inn's refrigerator made it very convenient to grab a six pack and snacks.

The people who would be dissapointed in Crew's Inn are the ones who expect lots of extra amenities/pampering on vacation. It IS a great value and an interesting piece of Ocracoke history.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Prietto0
There are newer reviews for Crews Inn B&B

Reviewed 13 August 2010

We were looking for a less expensive B and B than either Thurston House or the Cove. They are both close to $155.00 or more per night. The Crews in was $80.00 a night and we were very pleased. We loved it. The road its on is quiet and the old house has 5 rooms . 3 have own bath and then 2 upstairs share a bathroom. For breakfast we has lots of fresh coffee, juice and fruits and 1 day fresh pumpkin bread and coffee cake the other day. Also you could get toast cereal or english muffins. John (The innkeeper) told us we were free to use the refrigerator for sodas beer and wine . In the evening we just sat and enjoyed a glass or wine on the porch.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Nevilledog
Reviewed 27 March 2010

I had a delightful stay in a quiet location. The Inn was in walking distance of all the places I wished to see. Lovely time!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 November 2009

We were quite impressed by the accomadations at the Crew's Inn. The substitue inn-keeper Clayton was nice as could be and extremely knowledgable about the island and it's history. The room was beautiful. The Inn is a comfortable step back in time. Like being on the island in your own home. No TV, no internet. It was a wonderful break from the chaos of the outside world. Some people come looking for the Marriott. No, there was no shampoo, but the antiques and the hospitality really made up for all of that. We didn't come expecting the Marriott. This is a bed and breakfast! We went looking for peace and quiet and that's what we found. The breakfast wasn't gourmet but no one said it would be. The coffee and breakfast converstion between Clayton, us and the other guests was excellent. We will be back. Hopefully the end of next summer!

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lhlawati
Reviewed 27 August 2009

About the only good thing I can say about this place is the location. It's on Back Road, which is quiet because it's off the main drag. Everything else was bad. Where do I begin.

1) The ony toiletry provided was a mini bar of Dial soap. Even Econolodge gives you a mini bottle of shampoo!

2) There is no lock on the door for the rooms. Although I felt very safe on the island, it's still nice to have the piece of mind the comes with a lock and key.

3) The woman who runs the place talked and talked, and talked some more. I like a god conversation, but I don't need to hear in detail all your medical problems.

4) This was the worst for me. This place was just a Bed, no breakfast. The mother and daughter who were responsible for making breakfast "slept in", at least that's what I was told by the woman running the house. The mother-daughter finally showed up after breakfast was over, walked through us without so much as a sorry. Not even a hello! The woman running the place scrambled and managed to get us a little continental breakfast with muffins and fruit, but hardly what I'd call breakfast.

Do yourself a favor and go somewhere else on the island. I've been to Thurston House Inn and it's fantastic.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
5  Thank mntiburon80
Reviewed 9 August 2009

We spent a week at crews in for our Honeymoon in 1994. Alton was a wonderful host, and put on a modest B &B. We chose the Captain's Quarters because of the woodwork and seafaring look to it. The atmosphere was simply this... private and romantic. I really suggest staying in the winter, as you have the island practically to yourself. I highly suggest Crews Inn if you are looking for a quiet cottage feel.

• Stayed: January 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank luckyramu
Reviewed 4 June 2009

I've been staying at the Crew's Inn BB for years and I love it there. The wrap around porch complete with porch swings and rocking chairs are where I hang out. I love the Crews Inn because of it's simplicity.....I forget about the rest of the world when I am there. No phones and televisions to interupt my peaceful and restful time. I think what makes the Crew's Inn so special is that you meet so many people from around the world who are so interesting. Conversations around the breakfast table can last forever. If you are looking for a glitzy 5 star experience where the staff waits on you, you might not enjoy the Crew's Inn. If you are looking for a laid back, friendly B&B where you can come and go as you please, choosing to join in on breakfast discussion or do your thing....Crews Inn will welcome you with open arms.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank luvocracoke
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ocracoke
The Breakwater Inn
Hatteras Harbor Marina and Motel
Hatteras Sands Campground
Hatteras Sands Campground
#8 of 16 in Hatteras Island

Been to Crews Inn B&B? Share your experiences!