“Poor alternative to Ocracoke Coffee”
Review of Live Oak Coffee - CLOSED

Live Oak Coffee
Price range: US$2 - US$10
Good for: Child-friendly, View
Good for: Child-friendly, View
Chapel Hill, NC
“Poor alternative to Ocracoke Coffee”
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

Ocracoke Coffee has delicious coffee and amazing pastries, and a lovely garden patio. Live Oak Coffee has mediocre coffee, no snacks, and a front porch. I wanted to like this place more but will walk farther to O.C.

Visited June 2014
defiantly, Manager at Live Oak Coffee, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
We are sorry that you did not have a good visit. We are a small business and the island has been slow so we have not been trying to over extend ourselves. We also love Ocracoke Coffee company for their delicious treats. We, however, are trying to only sell locally made goods to help support the community. Thank you for the review. It is great to have some feed back as for what our customers want.

“good thought.....but....”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I wish this place had made a better impression on me...I like to support Ocracoke businesses, but they opened late and had like five things on their menu. Didn't go back.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank supermomva
defiantly, Manager at Live Oak Coffee, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
We are sorry that we did not have enough options for you. As well as our coffee list and lattes, we carry tea both hot and cold in several varieties. We also carry homemade simple syrups, fresh squeezed lemonade, infused water, chocolate milk, locally made baked goods, and a wide cereal selection. It is a small operation and every customers opinion is valued, so we appreciate the comment. I would love to hear some suggestions on what you like to be carried. Thanks!
Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“espresso worth biking 4 miles for . .”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My boyfriend come down to the island almost every Memorial Day and camp at the NPS campground outside of town. We are early risers and were thrilled to learn about Live Oak Coffee. Hands down it was the best espresso I've ever tasted. Savoring an espresso is one of two things I'm looking forward to this weekend. . .well worth biking into town for!

• Visited June 2013
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Great service but not the greatest coffee”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I ordered a small mocha. The only options for milk were nonfat and whole. The server was very accommodating and mixed the two. They do not have typical extras such as whipped cream, but prices were higher than my local Starbucks. The barista was wonderful and I enjoyed talking to her, but I was pretty disappointed in the coffee.

Visited September 2013
defiantly, Manager at Live Oak Coffee, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Thank you for your comments, because of you we now carry almond milk, soy, 2 percent, whole and skim milk and whip cream! Also, we have come down on some prices as to give more of a selection at a reasonable price. Thanks!
c
“coffee”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

good...ran in & out to get my wife some coffee.. done deal. friendly, felt very local. Coffee tasted great...

Visited September 2013