“PERFECT SPOT”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ocracoke
The Silver Lake Motel & Inn
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Ocracoke
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This place is VERY friendly and accomodating for all your needs. Beautiful view, GREAT rocking chairs on deck, close to the music spots in the evening you can listen from your balcony. Very clean and comfy. Plenty of hot water (a plus!). Thanks for everything!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
oldobxer, Public Relations Manager at The Silver Lake Motel & Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 June 2014

Well, thanks. We think we are friendly too. We like what we do and enjoy sharing our island with visitors. I especially like that you mentioned the nice views and being able to hear some good, local music from the balcony. Please come back when you can.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Absolutely wonderful people managing this Motel and the location is perfect! We needed a room on the Friday before Memorial Day and they came through for us and were such a joy to be around.
Having the Jolly Rodger restaurant right across the street was perfect.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Well, thank you! So good to hear that you enjoyed your time at the Silver Lake Motel and Inn. We think the Jolly Roger is a good choice too. Thank you for taking the time to let others on this forum know you had a good stay with us. We appreciate it. Please come back when you can.

Reviewed 30 April 2014

This hotel had everthing we needed for our 3 day beach vacation. The free breakfast was wonderful with plenty of options. The view of the harbor through the huge live oaks was so relaxing while sitting in our rockers sipping a few bevarages from the large balconies. Outdoor grills and tables make it convenient to cook up the local catch of the day or you can easily walk to all the restaraunts on the island. We plan to come back next spring for a whole week and get one of the suites with a private balcony and hammock!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
oldobxer, Public Relations Manager at The Silver Lake Motel & Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

I am glad we were able to accommodate you. Your comments reflect exactly how we hope all of our guests feel when staying at the Silver Lake Motel and Inn. Those rocking chairs, along with the view of the harbor is relaxing, I agree. It sounds like you packed a lot of fun and relaxation into your mini vacation. Please do come back and thank you for your review.

Reviewed 1 April 2014

Just got back from our 3rd stay and as always very pleased! We have stayed in different suites each time and they have all been great. The beds are very comfortable, the view of Silver Lake is nice, the suite was very clean, the full kitchen is a great bonus and the fact that it is in walking/biking distance to everything, you could not ask for more. The staff was very friendly, we were even recognized and welcomed as being return guests. It was a great weekend getaway and we are already counting the days until we get to go back. The perfect place to just unwind and relax!

Room Tip: The corner suites have a larger balcony.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
obxjm, Public Relations Manager at The Silver Lake Motel & Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 April 2014

We just re-opened for the season and it was so nice to get a great review right off the bat. You picked a wonderful time to come to Ocracoke and we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Silver Lake Motel and Inn. New management as of last year and we are still working on getting things updated, improved and nice for our guests. Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 21 November 2013

We thought we had stayed here once before but we were wrong. If so we would have known better. The room was terrible and over priced for a dump. The bed was worn out years ago and the whole room had a sour smell. We ending up moving to The Captains Landing for our last night and it was great.

Room Tip: Avoid try Captains Quarters
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank palmtreephan
obxjm, Public Relations Manager at The Silver Lake Motel & Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2013

Well...I was really at a loss for words when I read this. First of all, I am very sorry you were so very disappointed. The inn is closed now or I would reach out to the manager to see if you had let her know how upset you were. We are closed for the winter and use this time to refresh the rooms, and buying new mattresses for some of them is on the agenda. The inn. although I would not describe it as rustic, certainly does not fall any where near a luxury hotel description and our rates reflect that. We do however pride ourselves on clean rooms and hospitality. Again, our apologies.

Reviewed 29 October 2013 via mobile

If you stay, expect VERY rustic accommodations. The room was tiny, there was no coffee pot and as far as we could tell nowhere nearby to get coffee before 8 am, the mini fridge was rusting and leaky, and the beds extremely creaky. Worst of all, the room we reserved was not equipped with heat (this was not mentioned when we made the reservation). Temperatures were in the 40's when we arrived, so obviously this was a problem. We were given a standard room in exchange (no balcony, double rather than queen bed, no view) but the front desk clerk would not adjust the rate. All in all, it was a very disappointing experience.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Pinky8889
OcracokeBeachBum, Rental Manager Ocracoke Island Realty at The Silver Lake Motel & Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Thank you for alerting us to your disappointment in your accomodations. We are in the process of updating all the rooms at the Silver Lake Motel and Inn and appreciate the feedback. On our list for this winter is to evaluate the mattresses and look for additional amenities that we can add to increase your comfort. Coffee pots in the rooms are definitely on the list! Some of the rooms do not have heat, and we apologize for the inconvenience of having to switch rooms for you - depending on when your reservation was made the desk clerk may not have even thought about heat being an issue. We do hope that you will give us another chance, we ahve a great location and are working hard to constantly improve our amenities and service. Thank you for choosing the Silver Lake Motel and Inn for your getaway!

Reviewed 29 October 2013

We rented room/suite 204 for two nights (Sat. and Sun) for our anniversary. The room was very clean and well furnished...if you see reviews here that say otherwise, they are not true. We were both VERY happy with the room itself.
We had two experiences with the customer service. Booking was very easy and pleasant. A lady even called me a few days prior to our stay to let me know that although they were officially closing for the season on Sunday, there would be no problem with us checking out as planned on Monday morning. She just didn't want us to be surprised that no other people were there, etc. That was very nice of her and much appreciated.
Our second experience was upsetting. We checked in at 3 on Saturday and stayed in that evening. When we got moving on Sunday morning, we realized that our car battery was too low on charge to start our car. I always pack jumper cables for such an emergency so I went to the front office to ask if I might be able to get a jump from one of their vehicles. The bearded man (I didn't get his name) on duty was standing in the doorway to the "staff area" and around the corner, out of my view was someone he was talking with (a female voice). I told him our situation and asked for a jump. His response was insulting. He sighed and rolled his head and eyes around to the unseen female with whom he was talking. Then looking back at me he stepped forward and said with a shrug, "We're all on bikes" . He then mentioned "Beach Tow", a towing service, but did not offer to help me find the number. Finally, he casually gazed across the street to the fish market and suggested maybe I could find a jump over there. My wife and I both saw the lady who told me she was the one who called to tell me about the Motel closing drive up the previous afternoon in a blue four-door Jeep Wrangler. I'm fairly certain she was the one the bearded man was talking to, because that same Jeep was parked out front when I went in for help.
I totally get it if this guy thought I was some random tourist asking for a jump. But we were his guests. And although he or anyone in charge of the Silver Lake Motel and Inn were under no obligation to provide me the service of helping me jump my vehicle, it would have been a nice thing to do. It would have been the RIGHT thing to do. Instead, I was treated like an unwanted problem and lied to.
Great room! My wife and I are actually bummed that our experience will prevent us from ever staying there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Roger R
OcracokeBeachBum, Rental Manager at Ocracoke Island Realty at The Silver Lake Motel & Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Please accept our sincerest apologies for the lack of assistance provided to you and your wife and the manner in which you were treated. We most certainly do not condone this type of service, and strive to assist our guests to the best of our potential. At the very least we could have helped you with the phone number to beach towing. This situation will be addressed and we do hope that you will give us another opportunity to host your family here on Ocracoke. We appreciate your business, and hope to see you again soon! Thank you for choosing the Silver Lake Motel and Inn for your Ocracoke vacation.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Ocracoke
Sea Gull Motel
#3 of 7 in Ocracoke
Village Motel
Village Motel
#4 of 5 in Hatteras Island

Been to The Silver Lake Motel & Inn? Share your experiences!