This is a special place from start to finish. George is so caring and knowledgeable about the area. He took care of all our booking needs and helped us with the ferry schedule.The facility is just beautiful, located right on the water and all set up to watch the sunset. Unfortunately for us we only booked one night on a road trip to Florida. If possible book the cottage. It is a two bedroom facility with living room, kitchen and drop dead views right outside every door.
Karen was there to greet us upon our arrival and to explain every detail and give expert advice about the local restaurants.
The Outer Banks and Ocracoke in particular are very special places to visit. I am somewhat reluctant to share this hidden gem. It was even more beautiful in February with very few people around. Truly it was a perfect time to visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eight waterfront suites, a spacious two-bedroom penthouse and a charming cottage overlook Ocracoke Island's scenic Silver Lake and provide panoramic views of the lighthouse and harbor life. Sea air and soft breezes enhance your stay at Captain's Landing; along with spectacular sunsets and views from your own private deck, so close to the water you may feel as though you are on a boat. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Captain`s Landing Waterfront Hotel Ocracoke
- Captains Landing Waterfront Hotel
- Captains Landing Waterfront Ocracoke