This small waterfront hotel on Silver Lake is a perfect gem in a quietly spectacular setting. We have now stayed there twice, most recently with friends visiting from Germany in the luxurious penthouse suite. Sunsets enjoyed from the balcony, evenings full of twinkling lights from boats in the harbor and a perfectly framed view of the Ocracoke Lighthouse are all included in the charm. We walked to dinner each evening and enjoyed visiting the village shops. I can't say enough about the courteous and efficient staff. Everyone from the office to the housekeeping staff was top notch. It was a great piece of Americana to show off to our European guests! Thank you Betty and George for all your hospitality!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eight waterfront suites, a spacious two-bedroom penthouse and a charming cottage overlook Ocracoke Island's scenic Silver Lake and provide panoramic views of the lighthouse and harbor life. Sea air and soft breezes enhance your stay at Captain's Landing; along with spectacular sunsets and views from your own private deck, so close to the water you may feel as though you are on a boat. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Captain`s Landing Waterfront Hotel Ocracoke
- Captains Landing Waterfront Hotel
- Captains Landing Waterfront Ocracoke