I had about given up on finding a place last minute when I called the Captain's Landing and the owner, Betty, just happened to pick up the phone. Wow!! What a LADY!! By the time our conversation ended, I had a room for 2 nts and a new friend! We checked in after getting off the ferry with Ann (ask her how she ended up on Ocracoke and where she'd eat her last dying meal! LOL). She walked us to our room and opened the door. Both of us stood there staring at the PARADISE we had just walked into!!!!! We ran from room to room "wow-ing" over what a NICE place this was!!!!!! Ann personally walked us through every aspect of anything we could have ever had questions about.. from the great selection of movies at the front desk, keys to the bikes, layout of the island, best places to eat, etc. We returned the favor by telling her that we knew how to work the satellite TV bc we had one ourselves--- that made her day!!
The only way to do this piece of paradise justice is to tell anyone reading this to go there themselves and experience it!!!! The first night we sat on our back porch watching the sun go down over the harbor as the lighthouse started to burn across the reflective waters in the harbor. The band at Jolly Roger next door got going and we grabbed some beer (make sure you hit the Community Gro Store before 9pm, but Ann or Betty will warn how everything closes up early) and sat out and enjoyed the entire evening from our back porch!!!!
The only reason we didn't stay longer was because someone had booked our room for the day we were leaving!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eight waterfront suites, a spacious two-bedroom penthouse and a charming cottage overlook Ocracoke Island's scenic Silver Lake and provide panoramic views of the lighthouse and harbor life. Sea air and soft breezes enhance your stay at Captain's Landing; along with spectacular sunsets and views from your own private deck, so close to the water you may feel as though you are on a boat. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Captain`s Landing Waterfront Hotel Ocracoke
- Captains Landing Waterfront Hotel
- Captains Landing Waterfront Ocracoke