“Lovely”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ocracoke
Captain's Landing Waterfront Inn
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Ocracoke
Reviewed 21 January 2010

Just right for a weekend stay with my husband - terrific location and reasonably priced. Loved having bicycles to tour the island. It was pleasant to make my coffee in our room's kitchen and then watch the sunrise over Silver Lake and lighthouse.

Reviewed 13 November 2009

We have stayed at Captain's Landing in the past and it is a very nice place to say on Ocracoke Island. We had a reservation for Saturday, November 14, 2009 to celebrate our anniversary. Well a storm has closed highway 12 for the last several days. Hwy 12 is still closed and NC DOT is not expecting the road to be safe for travel till possibly sometime the afternoon of the 14th. I contacted Captain's Landing to find out my options the morning of the 17th and was asked to call back later that afternoon. I called back and asked to reschedule our reservation for another time. The lady told me that was fine but I would still be charged for the room the night of the 14th. I told her I did not agree with that, it is not our fault that we may or may not be able to travel down there. Anyway after some discussion the lady told me that she would refund my card but in the future my wife and I would not longer be welcome at Captain's Landing. We don't care about the weather, we love Ocracoke as much in bad weather as we do when the weather is nice. We do care about is being able to travel to the island safely, and unfortunately it may not be possible to do that on this weekend. It really is a nice place to stay, and it is very unfortunate that they do business this way. We will miss staying here, but there are other alternatives on the Island that are just as nice.

10  Thank HerseyC
Reviewed 3 November 2009

paid $ 110 for a suite, meaning queen bed in bedroom, and couch/kitchen in other room, plus patio right on the bay. owners are very helpful, went over all contents, features, local restaurants ( menus in each room), Daiji across the street was excellent for lunch or dinner. full kitchen. My wife loved it. and village of Ocracoke, very charming. wish we had stayed longer.

1  Thank garymiller
Reviewed 4 August 2009

I had about given up on finding a place last minute when I called the Captain's Landing and the owner, Betty, just happened to pick up the phone. Wow!! What a LADY!! By the time our conversation ended, I had a room for 2 nts and a new friend! We checked in after getting off the ferry with Ann (ask her how she ended up on Ocracoke and where she'd eat her last dying meal! LOL). She walked us to our room and opened the door. Both of us stood there staring at the PARADISE we had just walked into!!!!! We ran from room to room "wow-ing" over what a NICE place this was!!!!!! Ann personally walked us through every aspect of anything we could have ever had questions about.. from the great selection of movies at the front desk, keys to the bikes, layout of the island, best places to eat, etc. We returned the favor by telling her that we knew how to work the satellite TV bc we had one ourselves--- that made her day!!
The only way to do this piece of paradise justice is to tell anyone reading this to go there themselves and experience it!!!! The first night we sat on our back porch watching the sun go down over the harbor as the lighthouse started to burn across the reflective waters in the harbor. The band at Jolly Roger next door got going and we grabbed some beer (make sure you hit the Community Gro Store before 9pm, but Ann or Betty will warn how everything closes up early) and sat out and enjoyed the entire evening from our back porch!!!!
The only reason we didn't stay longer was because someone had booked our room for the day we were leaving!!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2009

My wife and I just came back from Ocracoke Island for our 1st anniversary and stayed at Captains Landing. After a horrible incident with the Cedar Creek ferry, we were finally on the island. I always trust the reviews on tripadvisor and weigh all options before deciding and as you see, most if not all the reviews about George and his staff at the Captains Landing are right on. They are the most courteous, kind and helpful staff their is. The hotel is first-class and more of a time-share because unlike us, people usually stay for a week and not for 3-days like us. The walls weren't thin but you could hear the occasional footsteps on top of you and I think I heard someone drop the toilet seat in the room next to us. The room was certainly big enough and the patio was perfect with beautiful views of the harbor. We had brand new bikes waiting for us and their was no charge for them. We were very surprised about the island, itself and noticed that there was not a very diverse group of people and there were more rebel flags flying than I've seen anywhere. We also noticed that the people weren't exactly overly friendly, like you would expect in the south. George, however, was a gem and we can't wait to go back and see him.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ken S
Reviewed 7 May 2009

This is a newish (5 years?) building and done in good taste. The location is terrific for walking to almost everything in the small village. The rooms are spotless and large, more like suites. We had a kitchen and made the coffee provided. The balcony is very large with comfortable wooden furniture. To sit on the balcony (we were on 2nd floor) or walk down to the dock and just sit there is terrific. We stayed for four nights. We had stayed at The Castle a couple of times and found the old-fashion furniture a little stifling. But the free breakfast at the Castle is abundant. So, we tried Captain's Landing this time. There are a couple of quirks about this place. One is the registration process. When reserving they take your credit card but that is only if damage is done to the property. You have to pay the "realty company", whatever that is. The realty company emailed me a contract and I paid for the four nights up front! Oddest thing. Anyway, the process was bizarre. Then there were the signs/instructions.......close the door, wipe your feet, lock the gate, turn off A/C, careful with the sliding doors, etc, etc. After roaming the village I found that these signs were not unique to Captains Landing.....they are everywhere! But it is off-putting and makes me wonder if Ocracoke has a Chamber of Commerce. I recommend this place, but be prepared for some odd, and not entirely friendly, operational issues. Oh, one more thing: the bar next door has very loud music on weekends. It stops at 10pm but if you are an early to bed guy you will not like it. And, last week the fish house next to the bar installed new coolers. The compressors are on the roof and make a helluva racket all day and all night. Am not sure if this will continue. Good luck.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Leatherman
Reviewed 28 April 2009

We were not sure about what to find on Ocracoke as guide book descriptions appeared very contradictory and hence we had only booked for two nights. What a mistake! It should have been for two weeks. This is a place to relax in and watch the world go by even if it is not much more than witnessing the ferry departures, the mooring of sailing boats or the antics of the pelicans. And where is the best place to watch this from - the Captain's Landing.

The rooms are spacious and light and with all the facilities one could hope for. But best of all is the fact that you can step out onto your own balcony or decking within feet of the water. Everything else is within walking distance - lighthouse, British Cemetery etc but you will need a bike or car to get to the wonderful beaches.

As for eating out, you are spoiled for choice but for us it has to be the Pony Island for breakfast (try their crab cakes with fried eggs and hash brown special) and the Back Porch for dinner.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ocracoke
The Breakwater Inn
Hatteras Harbor Marina and Motel
Hatteras Sands Campground
Hatteras Sands Campground
#8 of 16 in Hatteras Island

Been to Captain's Landing Waterfront Inn? Share your experiences!