The Captain's Landing is "the" choice for travelers expecting great things. Don't let the typical beach front exterior fool you, inside are impeccable suites with a gorgeous view. A bonus perk is having parking places reserved for each room, so you don't have to worry about not having a spot. Everyone, from the innkeepers to the other staff is down-to-earth, friendly, and more than willing to go the extra mile. My 71-year old mother-in-law had a wonderful nights sleep on the pull out full size sofa bed in the living room. And my husband and I drifted off every night looking out at the water and the lighthouse. Also, it is wonderful to enjoy an entrancing sunset over Silver Lake Inlet from the privacy of your own spacious deck. It truly is a fantastic, breath-taking view. The suites are very clean and well stocked, including the kitchenette with microwave, dishwasher, full fridge w/freezer, stove, pots/pans, dishes, and silverware! And the bath and a 1/2 was another nice addition to the convenience of the accommodations. Once you are done with a full-day of sight-seeing, shopping, fishing, or biking, you can come back to your suite and relax with a DVD from the hotel's extensive collection, including many family friendly titles. Captain's Landing isn't the cheapest place to stay on the Island, but it is worth every penny. My husband and I won't be staying anywhere else on our future visits to Ocracoke.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Eight waterfront suites, a spacious two-bedroom penthouse and a charming cottage overlook Ocracoke Island's scenic Silver Lake and provide panoramic views of the lighthouse and harbor life. Sea air and soft breezes enhance your stay at Captain's Landing; along with spectacular sunsets and views from your own private deck, so close to the water you may feel as though you are on a boat. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Captain`s Landing Waterfront Hotel Ocracoke
- Captains Landing Waterfront Hotel
- Captains Landing Waterfront Ocracoke