“Nice place, service a tad slow”

Ocracoke Coffee Company
Ranked #1 of 5 Dessert in Ocracoke
Price range: US$2 - US$6
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Cheap Eats, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Ocracoke Coffee Company is the island’s local coffee shop dedicated to providing you with an idyllic setting to enjoy a perfect cup of coffee, delicious smoothie, and scrumptious breakfast. Our little corner of the island is the quintessential location to sit back and relax—smell the sweet jasmine, meet someone new, or get reacquainted with old friends.
“Nice place, service a tad slow”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

This is a cute little coffee/smoothies shop tucked a minute from Highway 12. The quality of the smoothies are awesome but service was slow; had to wait 15 minutes for a smoothie and there were only two people in front of me.

1 Thank Charles F

Whidbey Island, Washington
“Best Coffee on Ocracoke!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014

I just spent my first week on Ocracoke and enjoyed getting coffee and pastries every morning at Ocracoke Coffee, I even bought 6 bags of coffee to bring home! It's the best coffee I've ever had, hot or cold! Great atmosphere, good food (I recommend the Orange Blossom w/Cheesecake Filling, Morning Glory, Apple Coffee Cake, Lemon Blueberry Poppy, Pound Cake w/Fudge Filling and Orange/Cranberry - just to name a few!), and GREAT coffee! I loved the Southern Pecan and Coconut! Sitting outside was so relaxing and peaceful, although I wish they had a policy to keep dogs on a leash. Free WiFI included if you need it. Warning, very long lines! If you get there between 7 - 7:30 the line is shorter, but after that expect a good 20 minute wait at least! Don't miss the very cool map of the world where you can put a pushpin of where you live. If they are out of pins, ask for more. Wish I could transport myself there every morning, what a way to start the day!

• Visited August 2014
Bruhl, Germany
“Great relaxing place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

The people at the cafe are very friendly and coffee and smoothies are excellent. Sometimes the lines are long, so be prepared and just enjoy the atmosphere.

“Good coffee slow service. ”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Went there this morning to get a regular coffee and was glad to see a short line. Unfortunately the line was deceiving, despite having there people behind the counter they were terribly slow. I am on vacation so I had the time, but seemed a little off. The coffee was good though and the ambiance nice.

Johnstown, Pennsylvania
“Oh My! I Have So Many Good Things to Say!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2014

To make this easier for myself and perhaps you, the reader, I'm just going to go ahead and list all the things that make Ocracoke Coffee Company one of the very best establishments on the island (if not THEEE BESTTT!):

1. The front porch is AWESOME. It's a nice place to sit with friends and with family, and there's plenty of room for everyone.
2. The interior of the place is terrific. So comfy and cozy. Exactly how I like my coffee shops.
3. The menu is impressive, and includes a nice selection of loose leaf teas. This is something that tea lovers like me appreciate.
4. I stopped at the Coffee Company nearly every day during our stay in Ocracoke. One day I ordered the Very Merry Berry smoothie, which was delicious. One day I ordered a chai tea latte, which was well-made. Another day I ordered the chai chiller, which was so yummy that I had to get one for the ferry ride off the island. My biggest recommendation is, then, the Chai Chiller.
5. Oh! And one morning when I asked them to brew my Pu-Erh tea (which they didn't have in stock), the guys behind the counter were so kind and helpful and said, "Of course we can brew that for you." *BONUS POINTS* They even gave me three bags that I could use to steep the remainder of my tea. So kind of them!
6. When my chai tea latte order wasn't up to par (there was something wrong with the pump that released the mix into the cup), they happily re-made it for me. Simply put, these guys really do care about what they're handing over the counter.
7. Though the lines in there can be remarkably long (especially in the mornings), it's worth the wait. And while you're waiting, they have some really cool souvenirs that come in the form of t-shirts, clay coffee mugs, stickers, etc. They can even bag up coffee beans should you wish to take some home.
8. One more thing about "souvenirs": They were selling a tea unique to the area called Yaupon. When I opened it up when I got home, I was surprised to see that it just a bag full of leaves. LOVE that, and can't wait to brew it! :)
9. The young men and women working behind the counter were all very nice. And they do the best they can to keep the line moving.
10. If you stop here while in Ocracoke, I'd like to think that you'll love it as much as I did.

Hip-hip-hooray for a coffee shop that's doing it right.

• Visited August 2014