“A beautiful view...”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Ocracoke
Ocracoke Harbor Inn
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Ocracoke
Cincinnati, Ohio
“A beautiful view...”
Reviewed 16 June 2009

We were finishing up a visit to the OuterBanks, and spent 1 night at the Ocracoke Harbor Inn. From check-in to check out, we had an awesome experience. We had called in a reservation while we were awaiting the Hatteras Ferry based on reviews we had read on Trip Advisor. We were not disappointed!
We had reserved a studio suite with a jacuzzi (thought we'd end the trip with a bang!) I had seen pictures of the Inn, and assumed we would be there. Were we surprised to find out that our room was actually above the office! We were actually sitting on the harbor! The studio suite was roomy, and had beautiful windows that overlooked the harbor. We even had our own porch to sit on! We were provided with adequate towels for jacuzzi use, which isn't always the case. The breakfast spread was rather limited, but we were able to take it up to our room so we could enjoy our privacy. Every staff member that we met was courteous and helpful.

If we ever go to Ocracoke again, this hotel will definitely be our first choice!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
Bath, NC
Reviewed 15 June 2009

We traveled the week before Easter and found the OHI to be over-the-top clean. I have traveled a lot for business (I was in the tourism industry) and found the staff at OHI the most knowledgeable and accomodating of any place I have stayed. The views of Silver Lake and the ocean breezes were literally a breath of fresh air. We have since been back and rented a house from OHI with its own sandy beach and may never go anywhere else on vacation!

Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
Wilmington, NC
Reviewed 22 May 2009

My husband and I just returned from our first trip to Ocracoke and three nights at the Ocracoke Harbor Inn. We have nothing but praise for the inn and its staff. We had a spacious second floor room overlooking the harbor and spent time every day on our balcony in comfortable Adirondak chairs enjoying the breezes and the view. The price was good, the service excellent, and the room spotless. We had a refrigerator which was a treat. A microwave would have been a nice addition, but not really necessary. The stairs to the second floor are a bit steep, but worth the view. There is a laundry room complete with detergent that we used for $6 a load. Will definitely return.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
Hilton Head, South Carolina
Reviewed 12 May 2009

This inn is right on Silver Lake harbor. Get at least 2nd floor room as the main inn is across the street from the lake. The rooms are basic but very comfortable. Unfortunately, I had quite a few ants running around the vanity.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
kitty hawk nc
Reviewed 7 October 2008

This was our 4th year staying at the Ocracoke Habor Inn. As usual it was a wonderful weekend! The rooms are clean, comfortable and affordable. They also offer an excellent view and a dock for your boat. The staff is friendly and professional. We would and do highly recommend you visit Ocracoke and stay at the Ocracoke Habor Inn!

• Liked — Clean, boat access, close to everything beautiful view
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Research Triangle Area, NC
Reviewed 16 September 2008

My wife and I have been staying at OHI (and their properties) several times a year for about 6 years now, and really find it the best on the island. The staff is friendly, the lodgings are clean and spacious, and the location is the best on the island. Highly recommended.

• Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
Virginia
Reviewed 25 August 2008

We just got home from a weekend at the Harbor Inn. The lady that runs the front desk was very friendly--check in was so easy. Our room had a private deck that overlooked the harbor. Beautiful view! Very clean room, very private. Just what we needed to relax the weekend away! Breakfast was good, pastries, fruit, bagels, cereal , coffee and juice...what more could I ask for?
The only complaint I had was we were gone from 8 am until 1 pm and had a note on our door to have the room serviced,It was not. On our way into the room at 1 , my husband mistakenly flipped the card on the door and when I realized it an hour later I called the front desk and explained what had happened. I asked for some clean towels and told the very nice man at the desk we were not worried about the room being cleaned. He told me someone would be up shortly. Well, my husband got into the shower, then out...and without knocking, the housecleaner walked right in--and my husband was not fully dressed. I think she should have knocked first.
Other than that our stay was fantastic--I would stay again!

• Liked — the location
  • Disliked — nothing!
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ocracoke
Sea Gull Motel
Hatteras Sands Campground
Hatteras Sands Campground
#8 of 16 in Hatteras Island
Hatteras Harbor Marina and Motel

Been to Ocracoke Harbor Inn? Share your experiences!