All reviewscontinental breakfastluggage elevatorgolf cartsilver lakegreat viewwithin walking distancebagelstreasure chestplace to stayharbor view roomrent bikessecond floorprivate deckenjoyed our stayacross the streetfloor roomthe outer banks
Reviewed 22 November 2017

The room was nice and clean when we arrived. Very little noise from any of the other rooms. October was a great time to visit. Everyone made you feel right at home from the time we left until it was time to leave. We cannot wait to go back. Great people and a great place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Byron M, General Manager at Ocracoke Harbor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2017

October is THE BEST month to be here! It is just a great vibe on the island that time of year. We're glad you enjoyed the peaceful, easy feelin'...our goal is to make everyone feel at home here. We can't wait to have you back too! Thank you for a great review...

Reviewed 19 November 2017

The Inn is a great location on the harbor and the desk personnel are very hospitable. We booked a standard harbor view room with a king bed for 2 nights. Although the Inn's furnishings were a bit outdated, the room was large, clean, and the bed was comfortable. However, we were very disappointed that our room was not cleaned after our first night. Housekeeping knocked the next morning and we asked her to give us about 30 minutes as we were getting ready to leave for the day, put the door hanger out to have our room cleaned when we left, and then no one cleaned the room. My "average" rating is based on that and on comparisons to other king rooms in places where we have stayed. Better towels, a sofa or lounge chair in the room, and a microwave would make this a great place to stay. As it was...just an average room...with a beautiful view of the harbor. But I think the Inn is one of the better places to stay on the Island.

Room Tip: Ask for harbor views
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Byron M, General Manager at Ocracoke Harbor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2017

Well, we certainly hate reading this. We take ALL reviews (the good, the bad and the ugly) VERY seriously. We are so sorry that you found us lacking; we definitely strive to be way better than "average"... We sincerely apologize for the confusion about cleaning; had we known there was a problem, we could have sent a cleaner in to service the room later in the day. We agree about the couch and towels; we already have project lists to do for the winter, (once we are closed)...and there are plans for a sofa, and comfortable chairs for that room. Thank you for taking the time to write a review; we appreciate knowing about these issues.

Reviewed 18 November 2017

I booked this Inn based on tripadvisor reviews which is why I started writing reviews in the first place. Tripadvisor is a great place to plan a trip based on others' reviews and know what you're getting before you get there.

Ocracoke Harbor Inn is a lovely harborview inn well kept, freshly painted and clean. I chose a 3rd floor suite for a friend and me so that we could have some privacy and was pleased to find that the pullout couch in the living room actually had an air mattress top for comfort. Nice touch. The bathroom was huge with a jacuzzi tub and a shower, with lots of soft, white towels. The kitchenette had a coffee maker with coffee and filters provided, toaster, microwave and standard size fridge. A nice balcony overlooked the harbor on Silver Lake with comfortable Adirondack-style chairs to relax and enjoy the view.

There was even a luggage elevator to help move your luggage up and down as there is no "people" elevator but the walk up three flights was good exercise however not for those with disability.

We borrowed bikes to ride around the village, the property is well located to everything and our time spent was relaxing albeit short. If I head to Ocracoke again, the chances are good that I would stay here.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Byron M, General Manager at Ocracoke Harbor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2017

All of us here at OHI love to travel, and when we do, we take notice of all the little things that make a big difference on our trips...and then we try to incorporate them into what we do. We take our guest's comfort VERY seriously...rest and relaxation are paramount. We strive to be one of the best lodging experiences on the island. Thank you for noticing and mentioning all of the little details that are so very important to us. TripAdvisor is a great resource for sharing such information...we appreciate you taking the time to write such a lovely review; and we certainly hope to see you again.

"I retired to my inn, determined to enjoy the luxury of a bed and a long night in. It really was a lovely bed, just like bathing in feathers. My thoughts were soon wandering into visions all jumbled together in a ghostly medley, which floated off into misty indistinctness and I subsided into the land of dreams." ~John Keast Lord, 1860

Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

What can I say. We didn’t want to leave. 401 suite was the bomb! Awesome view to wake to and have morning coffee. Bed was so comfortable. Breakfast was on point and staff was very friendly. Everything was in walking distance and even the lighthouse! And better yet Eduardo’s taco stand! Definitely looking forward to our next visit.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Herman M
Reviewed 13 November 2017

I've stayed at this hotel many times and in many different types of rooms and can say this place always delivers good quality and value for your money.
The location is perfect right on Silver Lake with fantastic views.

The rooms are clean and comfortable. I especially like the comfortable pillows and fresh sheets and bedding. They do a great job of keeping everything in good working order.
I've never had a problem and when I have, the Staff is always willing to help out and resolve any issues.
The continental breakfast is great as well.

Room Tip: try to request a second level ocean front room for a great view
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Byron M, General Manager at Ocracoke Harbor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2017

Thank you for a great review! It's always wonderful to see familiar faces, time and time again...we look forward to it so much. And thank you for the shout out about the bedding; we replace all of it frequently, so that they stay fresh and new. And, yes, of course, the staff is always willing to help with any questions, or issues...thank you again, and we can't wait to have you visit again soon.