“Wonderful B & B!”
Review of Inn on Mill Creek

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Old Fort
Inn on Mill Creek
Ranked #1 of 1 Old Fort B&B and Inns
Jacksonville, North Carolina
“Wonderful B & B!”
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This place is awesome! The grounds of the property were beautiful and the air smelled so good! lol I know the air? But it was fresh mountain air & it just smells different than city air. :) Our room was very clean and tastefully decorated. We received a tour of the house and a refrigerator that we could use. It also had sodas & bottled water. Our hosts were great! Very friendly & knowledgeable about the area and had great suggestions for hikes and other things to do. Let me just say the food was incredible! I mean it looked like it came off a magazine cover and it tasted even better! We stayed for 2 nights & we will be back again soon.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Brigette W, Owner at Inn on Mill Creek, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
Hey Shelly! We’re so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. The fresh mountain air where we are -- surrounded by Pisgah National Forest -- is something that a lot of our guests mention as soon as they get out of the car. We can’t take credit for it, but we do love that it makes our guests so happy. And thank you so much for the compliments on the room and the breakfasts. Dave does make nice looking (and tasting) breakfasts, but shhh, he is very modest.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Saint Marys
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Our last stop on our Blue Ridge Parkway road trip was the Inn on Mill Creek. Dave & Bridget do a great job of making you fill welcome. They are available if you have questions, but also give you plenty of privacy. Our room was lovely and very clean and well supplied. Breakfast was delicious, and Dave could have been a chef with the way he presented the food. Bridget was very helpful with directions to any place we needed to go, including to their B&B. The Inn is located in the woods, with two rooms for guests in the main house. There is also another building with more rooms available. We would highly recommend this B&B.

Room Tip: Our room was on the side with the road, but the location is off main roads so not a problem. We did...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Brigette W, Owner at Inn on Mill Creek, responded to this review, 19 July 2014
First of all, we love the title of your review, Fran! Thank you for sharing your experience. As innkeepers, a fun part of our job is helping guests to find interesting things to do in our area, great places to eat, or even just a nice spot to relax and do nothing, and we aim for a good balance between being helpful and giving guests the privacy they desire on their getaway. One tiny correction is that there are three guest rooms in the main building, but there’s still plenty of elbow room and space to relax. Thank you for recommending the Inn and we look forward to seeing you again!
Marietta, Georgia
Reviewed 13 May 2014 via mobile

The food and the staff at the gem of a B&B are excellent. The rooms are very nicely decorated and a plus is that you have a full kitchen which most B&B's do not offer. We loved the garden as well as the entire grounds. They also have a fire pit which is something that is another huge plus. The people that own this B&B were very helpful with directions, places to eat and places to visit during our stay. I would recommend this B&B to anyone wanting to visit Asheville or hiking Mount Mitchell etc... I will definitely return to this B&B on my next trip to the Asheville area

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Brigette W, Owner at Inn on Mill Creek, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Thanks, Joe! Guests have really been enjoying the gardens and grounds this year, and we regularly work on enhancing our 7+ acres to provide a relaxing environment inside our little slice of Pisgah National Forest. We’re so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your return!
Reviewed 17 April 2014

Dave and Brigette run a really nice operation in their B&B, the Inn on Mill Creek. Not only was i greeted with friendly faces when i had to check in late, but i found my room to be spacious, beautiful, well-kept, and entirely peaceful! I was able to sit for a night-cap with the innkeepers, while i got to enjoy great conversation and pug-snuggles. I really felt like i was hanging out with some old friends; it was just what I needed. And then i woke up to a breakfast that knocked my socks off. As a non-breakfast eater, i found myself hoping for more room, because Dave's breakfast was fresh and delicious. I can't wait to go back, but most assuredly will.

100% recommend this place for a one-night stop, or for a few days of peace.

Room Tip: i stayed in teh lake view room, and enjoyed a gorgeous peaceful view...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Brigette W, Owner at Inn on Mill Creek, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Hi Beth, many thanks for the compliments on room, breakfast and atmosphere! We try our best to maintain a casual and laid back, welcoming environment for guests. One of the great things about having a B&B is getting to meet fun and interesting people from all over the U.S. and around the world, and getting to share our peaceful little spot in the woods. We appreciate the feeling like we’re hanging out with old friends sometimes, too. Really enjoyed meeting you and hope you can make it back to the Inn sometime soon (and Dave says bring the ‘cycles!).
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 31 December 2013

My new wife and I arrived at Mill Creek as the sun was setting and the drive in on Mill Creek Rd. was mystifying (in a good way)! This was the first stop on our 18 day honeymoon. The setting is very private and reclusive. Perfect for quiet reflection. We stayed in the Lake View room and had a gorgeous wall of windows through which to view the pond. Dave and Bridget were fabulous in maintaining a balance of helping us get where we wanted to go in the area and leaving us alone. They were wonderful to chat with and had some great stories to share. Eating breakfast in the sunroom was a unique experience that brought all the "lodgers" together to enjoy Dave's hand-crafted delicacies. My wife and I took a bike ride on a nearby trail to a beautiful mountain lookout that simply blew our minds. We even saw the R-3 Dual Rail Gang (a system of 43 individual train-track building machines) working on a the nearby mountain-side railroad. We made a few visits to Asheville and Black Mountain (both fabulous in their own way) for food and shopping. I recommend driving at least part of the Blue Ridge Parkway while in the area.

We loved our stay and hope to be back sooner than later. Go visit and stay with Dave & Bridget! You'll be glad you did.

Room Tip: Lake View Room had plenty of space for two with a small outdoor covered patio. The other rooms were...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Brigette W, Owner at Inn on Mill Creek, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
First, we just want to say a big 'thank you' all our guests who take the time to do reviews for the Inn on Mill Creek B&B. Second, we're so happy that you two had the chance to spend part of your honeymoon trip at the Inn during the latter part of October when we're at the fabulous fall foliage peak time at our elevation. It was great talking with you and hearing of your future plans and we hope all is going well!
Little Elm, Texas
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I love this place. And I plan to go back at least two (or three) more times between now and when we move to Black Mountain, NC. The folks who own the place are wonderful, and the rooms are great, and the location ... divine.

I guess if I had any "negative" to mention it would be that the internet is rather slow and cell phone signal pretty slender — but maybe that's a POSITIVE. Maybe when you are somewhere this beautiful (and probably with someone you love), maybe you shouldn't be checking your stupid phone all the time.

One bit of magic stands out in my mind especially clear from our last trip. The STARS. Oh, my, god. The stars we saw those nights in early November. I've never in my life seen such a sky. Easily 5X as many stars as we can see in North Dallas even on the clearest of nights. Maybe 10X as many. We could see the actual Milky Way! Truly, truly magical.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Sanford, North Carolina
Reviewed 21 November 2013

My husband and I make it out to the Asheville area about twice a year. This year, we were lucky enough find a place to stay over labor day weekend, we booked a room at the Inn on Mill Creek. It was our first time staying at a B&B, and we had a great first experience! Dave and Brigette have a beautiful Inn tucked away in the Pisgah National Forest. Dave makes a great breakfast and Brigette was really helpful in recommending things to do for our weekend. Its a great place to stay, especially if you want to explore the Asheville area but don't want to stay the night there. Also, we found several great hiking trails that are very close to the Inn.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
#1 of 8 in Black Mountain
Monte Vista Hotel
Monte Vista Hotel
#4 of 8 in Black Mountain

Been to Inn on Mill Creek? Share your experiences!