“Perfect retreat”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oriental
Oriental Marina & Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Oriental B&B and Inns
Reviewed 27 June 2014

Had a pleasant weekend at this small scale resort. We were assigned a two story unit with a comfortable lower level living / kitchenette area. That level even had a powder room. The upper level had a nice king bedded room with large bathroom and sun deck. The swimming pool, Tiki Bar and restaurant were all welcome features. Will return !

Room Tip: If you are not fond of stairs request a suite with side by side Living room and bedroom
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank tom m

Reviewed 22 February 2014

I recently stayed here at the Marina Inn in Oriental, NC while on business in the area. I was told this is a nice place to stay so I cancelled my Holiday Inn reservation in Havelock and gave it a try. I don't think that if I tried I could recreated my experience.

The hotel is well kept and the room was very clean and equipped with all of the comforts of home. My view overlooked a shrimp-boat filled lagoon and as the sun set I felt, for a moment, as if I were in a painting of the most colorful and peaceful place on earth.

The town is home to 900 permanent resident people and 2500 permanent sailing vessels, so needless to say if you like sailing this might be a nice place for you to visit. Every person I met was donned with a smile and a warm "hello, what brings you to Oriental?"

I was fortunate enough to experience an art show at a newly opened gallery and met several local artists that create everything from oil on canvas to sculptures of sea creatures crafted from steel. From there I dined at a local family owned tavern where our waiter has worked for almost 30 years. After dinner, a local bar (The Silo) was a great place to wrap up the night with live acoustic guitars and cool libations where the owner, Chris, was cool enough to join us for drinks and pleasant conversation.

The walk back to the Marina Inn was quiet, close, and most of all safe. I have never felt so protected in an unfamiliar area. This town was an incredible experience for me. The people, the food, the sights and the over-all experience I had in just one day was enough to make me want to take my entire family there very soon and see all that Oriental, NC has to offer.

The luckiest guy on Earth

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Steven E
Reviewed 22 January 2014

We stayed here for 3 days recently. We had a 2 story condo where the downstairs was a full bathroom, kithenette, and living room with sleeper sofa. The upstairs had 2 double beds and a half bath. We got in late and our key was in an envelope clipped to the office door (small town!). Room was clean and had what we needed. There was daily maid service as well. The otehr 2 I was with said their beds were comfortable. I was on the sofa bed which could definitely use a new/better mattress. I have stayed here before and I would def stay here again. It is clean, is in a good location on the harbor, and the price is right. Hopefully by next year when we come back the sofa bed mattress will be changed!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank dellosso
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Conveniently located for enjoying land and water activities. Very clean with comfy beds. Great to have the choice of cooking for yourself or going right next door to the Toucan Grill, which serves delicious surf and turf, among many other choices. Family friendly with frequent social activities, such as a live band and Halloween costume contest the night I was there.

Room Tip: I stayed in #24, a spacious 1BR suite on two floors with two balconies overlooking the marina.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank KathleenKearns
Reviewed 25 September 2012

The Marina is still my favorite place to stay in Oriental. Right in the middle of things, so once you park or dock your boat, you can walk every where. Each condo is individually owned so they are all decorated differently. Love being right on the water. The Tiki Bar is a place for all the locals to hang out, but it's cash only. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Downstairs rooms are closer to all the action but the upstairs condos have a better view of the mari...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We enjoyed our two nights at the Oriental Marina and Inn in Oriental North Carolina. We had a suite with a kitchenette, living room, and a king bed in the bedroom. Hurricane Irene in 2011 was pretty brutal, so most, if not all, of the floor level rooms were redone due to flooding. There was new carpeting and paint, and most of the furniture seemed new—some may have been cleaned off or relocated from other rooms. The provide free Wi-Fi, which was a plus.

The hotel has a restaurant with a bar. We didn’t use it this trip, but have dropped in there in the past and weren’t disappointed. There’s also an outdoor Tiki Bar by the pool that opened at 4pm, and closed around 10. It never got really loud. I couldn’t tell if most of the patrons were staying at the hotel, on boats in the small marina, or were locals.

My recommendations if you get a kitchenette is to go ahead and bring groceries, just keep in mind that the fridge is under the counter so it’s kind of small. There is a small but well stocked grocery store in town. There were utensils, pots, and pans, but if you’re going to need a large skillet or want to get creative, you may want to bring your own. There’s no stove, just a stove top with four burners and a microwave. I’d also advise bringing scouring pads or whatever you like to use to clean dishes, including coffee. There was a pot in the room, but I can’t remember if there were filters. There’s a nice little coffee shop called The Bean just across the street from the hotel—it won’t take you more than 60 seconds to walk there from any part of the hotel. You might want to bring some folding chairs if you want to guarantee you have some place to sit outside in the evening and enjoy a few drinks or watch the boats.

The only real criticism I have is the shower wall was groady. It had a good caking of soap film, etc. Nothing that a steamer or Comet couldn’t get rid of. It’s cleaner than the showers at my gym, but it’s pretty clear that only the floor of the tub gets scrubbed.

The location is pretty good—Oriental is very small so most anything you’d like to do is within walking distance. We brought our bikes and road around the neighborhoods. I think the popular restaurants (The Toucan, M&Ms, Trawl Door) have a bar, but most things close up around 10pm, but they may stay open later in the summer. It’s a quiet town and pretty relaxing.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 March 2012

This quaint little hotel (25 spacious rooms) and marina (12 slips and a fuel dock) greets road and ICW travelers alike with wonderful Southern hospitality. Oriental has a fascinating history, is mostly quiet, but does have some really neat special events. Go to Orientalmarina.com and browse through the various tabs to find out. The restaurant on property, and the Tiki Bar as well, is worth the trip. he prices are very affordable for the vacationer and family, businessperson, or any other reason for making this destination a first choice. Also, it is not far from the Crystal Coast of Carteret County (take the ferry from Minnesott to get back to route 70) and the historic city of New Bern. Neat little golf course for senior near the ferry.

Room Tip: We stayed there several times and really liked room 36 because of the furnishings, view, and squeaky...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank John M

Been to Oriental Marina & Inn? Share your experiences!