“Great boating weekend!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Oriental Marina & Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Oriental
Oriental Marina & Inn
Ranked #4 of 5 Oriental B&B and Inns
Chesapeake, Virginia
“Great boating weekend!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

We were a party of two couples on a short boat trip and spent two nights at the Oriental Marina and Inn. We had stayed in Oriental, NC twice before and we always try to get a room at the Oriental Marina because of the location. It is walking distance to restaurants and has a pool and tiki bar. The Toucan Restaurant, on site, has good food and Melissa at the bar is great. The rooms we have stayed in are two level with a fridge, a little dated, but clean and comfortable. We all love it here and will be back next year.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
New Bern, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

We have stayed on our boat at this marina more times than we can count! Tom and the rest of the marina staff have always bent over backwards to make our stays here enjoyable. The marina is small but well kept and is in the heart of Oriental, which is a great place to come by boat. The marina is clean and well run, and listening to the music at the Tiki Bar on summer evenings is fun. The Inland Water Provision Company, which is a very easy walk from the marina, has courtesy bicycles, and there is a quaint coffee/ice cream shop right across the street.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kathylsails
mt gretna pa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014

Had a pleasant weekend at this small scale resort. We were assigned a two story unit with a comfortable lower level living / kitchenette area. That level even had a powder room. The upper level had a nice king bedded room with large bathroom and sun deck. The swimming pool, Tiki Bar and restaurant were all welcome features. Will return !

Room Tip: If you are not fond of stairs request a suite with side by side Living room and bedroom
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank tom m
Myrtle Beach
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed here at the Marina Inn in Oriental, NC while on business in the area. I was told this is a nice place to stay so I cancelled my Holiday Inn reservation in Havelock and gave it a try. I don't think that if I tried I could recreated my experience.

The hotel is well kept and the room was very clean and equipped with all of the comforts of home. My view overlooked a shrimp-boat filled lagoon and as the sun set I felt, for a moment, as if I were in a painting of the most colorful and peaceful place on earth.

The town is home to 900 permanent resident people and 2500 permanent sailing vessels, so needless to say if you like sailing this might be a nice place for you to visit. Every person I met was donned with a smile and a warm "hello, what brings you to Oriental?"

I was fortunate enough to experience an art show at a newly opened gallery and met several local artists that create everything from oil on canvas to sculptures of sea creatures crafted from steel. From there I dined at a local family owned tavern where our waiter has worked for almost 30 years. After dinner, a local bar (The Silo) was a great place to wrap up the night with live acoustic guitars and cool libations where the owner, Chris, was cool enough to join us for drinks and pleasant conversation.

The walk back to the Marina Inn was quiet, close, and most of all safe. I have never felt so protected in an unfamiliar area. This town was an incredible experience for me. The people, the food, the sights and the over-all experience I had in just one day was enough to make me want to take my entire family there very soon and see all that Oriental, NC has to offer.

The luckiest guy on Earth

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Steven E
USA - NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 January 2014

We stayed here for 3 days recently. We had a 2 story condo where the downstairs was a full bathroom, kithenette, and living room with sleeper sofa. The upstairs had 2 double beds and a half bath. We got in late and our key was in an envelope clipped to the office door (small town!). Room was clean and had what we needed. There was daily maid service as well. The otehr 2 I was with said their beds were comfortable. I was on the sofa bed which could definitely use a new/better mattress. I have stayed here before and I would def stay here again. It is clean, is in a good location on the harbor, and the price is right. Hopefully by next year when we come back the sofa bed mattress will be changed!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Robert D
Chapel Hill, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2012

Conveniently located for enjoying land and water activities. Very clean with comfy beds. Great to have the choice of cooking for yourself or going right next door to the Toucan Grill, which serves delicious surf and turf, among many other choices. Family friendly with frequent social activities, such as a live band and Halloween costume contest the night I was there.

Room Tip: I stayed in #24, a spacious 1BR suite on two floors with two balconies overlooking the marina.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank KathleenKearns
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2012

The Marina is still my favorite place to stay in Oriental. Right in the middle of things, so once you park or dock your boat, you can walk every where. Each condo is individually owned so they are all decorated differently. Love being right on the water. The Tiki Bar is a place for all the locals to hang out, but it's cash only. Enjoy!

Room Tip: Downstairs rooms are closer to all the action but the upstairs condos have a better view of the mari...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Oriental
Courtyard New Bern
#6 of 10 in New Bern
Core Creek Lodge
Core Creek Lodge
#3 of 4 in Beaufort

Been to Oriental Marina & Inn? Share your experiences!