“Charter a sailboat”

Oriental's School of Sailing
Ranked #2 of 10 things to do in Oriental
More attraction details
Owner description: We teach sailing and power boating from beginner to expert levels, using US Sailing and US Powerboating certified curricula. We also do customized and individualized training based on the student's background, experience, and needs. We teach in our boats or in your boat. We charter sailboats in our home NC location and can help you charter in other locations around the world. We can help you make the buying decisions necessary to select a sail or power boat that meets your needs and recommend a reputable broker to help you with the purchase.
Reviewed 7 July 2013

I strongly recommend chartering a sailboat for Oriental's School of Sailing. The boats are in good shape, and the staff are truly committed to ensuring boaters are safe and have a great time. Oriental's School of Sailing staff ensure they are flexible, available, and respond quickly to questions about chartering a boat.

All reviews
"classes"
in 4 reviews
"dock"

Reviewed 2 July 2013

I came to the Basic Keelboat course with a fair amount of sailing experience, albeit on smaller boats. The classroom instruction each morning provided a good review, but the afternoons on the water provided real world practice that was invaluable. The course was extremely well organized, and Jim Nixon was an expert instructor and an excellent teacher. He kept the class informative and productive, but also very fun and relaxed. Jim was also very good at accommodating different students' learning levels and desired outcomes. Overall, it was a great learning experience and a heck of a lot of fun, with new-found friends who all love the water!

Reviewed 30 May 2013

Do yourself a favor and sign up for Oriental's school of sailing. Whether your interest is seamanship, self-confidence or fun, you won't be disappointed.

Captain Jim uses his 40+ years of boating experience to easily connect and entertain students of a variety of backgrounds. The class was a highlight for me and I highly recommend it!

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Just completed a fantastic first session at the Oriental Sailing School with instructor Jim Nixon. I had some experience, my wife almost none. By the end of the day, my wife was comfortably sailing the 24’ school boat, pretty confident (and ready to buy a boat).

Oriental has to be the warmest, friendliest little town in NC – don’t forget to get the ahi tuna burger at the Toucan Grill in the harbor at the end of a day on the water.

See more reviews
Reviewed 25 May 2013

I haven't sailed for 15 years, I wanted to go sailing and I wanted to charter so I signed up with Oriental's School of Sailing for a refresher course, Basic Keelboat. Capt. Jim Nix was our instructor. The entire experience from registration to final test was smooth and fun. The classroom was informative, easy to understand and remember. Capt.Jim has a way of sharing his experiences and knowledge of sailing that makes one feel at ease and confident the moment you step on the boat. The sailing was everything one could want, good winds, sunny skies and this gave us an opportunity to really develop and practice skills that are absolutely necessary for one to enjoy the thrill of sailing and have fun. I highly recommend Oriental's School's of Sailing