“Great staff, comfortable bed”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Oxford
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Probably 3.5 stars is more accurate than 3 stars. Like LAS12211, my husband and I were forced to stop here due to bad weather and roads (we were probably there the same night). Normally I never stay at a hotel without researching reviews on Trip Advisor, but this time we had to make a split decision to get off the highway and stop at the closest place, so we weren't expecting much. We were pleasantly surprised to find a welcoming and helpful staff, pleasant lobby, and a large room (probably a suite room since it had a living area as well as a king bed) at a reasonable price. The bed was very comfortable and we had a much-needed good night's sleep. Although overall the room needed updating and some maintenance, the bathroom layout was good (including having a long counter and towel racks, which some fancier hotels no longer have). The shower had good water pressure and temperature. One problem was a lack of good light in the living area.
The complimentary breakfast included a good variety of hot and cold items--not great quality but no worse than some fancier hotels.
Though it's unlikely we will be in this area again, I wouldn't hesitate to stay here if we were.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
shirley_julian, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Hello this is Shirley, Manager at the Comfort Inn of Oxford. Thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. I am very proud of them during the "ice storm" and am so glad that we were able to exceed your expectations. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay.

We are looking forward to providing you the same pleasant accommodations and service the next time you are in town!

Reviewed 9 March 2014

We were basically forced to stop here due to inclement weather, and I was totally pleased. The young lady at the desk was sweet and helpful and totally understood why I was frazzled and slightly grumpy. She made me laugh and before I knew it we were checked in and on the way to our room with our dog. The room was beautiful,clean,smelled good and the bed was so comfy. A lovely breakfast was available in the morning (free) Checkout was just as easy. The young man at the desk was very friendly and had a wonderful sense of humor. He suggested we wait a while before continuing our journey due to icy conditions.we took the chance and got home to NY safe and sound. Thank you Comfort Inn, you will definitely get our business again.

Room Tip: Nothing specific as the whole experience was awesome
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello this is Shirley, Manager at the Comfort Inn of Oxford. Thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey with such positive feedback! I have shared your comments with my staff, and they join me in thanking you for your kind words. We take pride in our hotel and the services we provide and we are so glad you enjoyed your stay. It is so nice to hear that the staff did an outstanding job in customer service!

Reviewed 6 March 2014

We enjoyed our stay overnight at this location. Found it in a Coupon Magazine at the I95/85 Rest Stop. The staff are most helpful in suggestion a restaurant for dinner last night. Clean and updated rooms.

Reviewed 23 January 2014

I have stay at this hotel several times on business. Always friendly staff and helpful. The hotel is doing some remodeling and updating currently. Saying this the hotel is clean, neat and better than average. Good breakfast with both hot and cold foods.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
shirley j, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Hello, I am Shirley Julian, Manager for the Comfort Inn & Suites, Oxford, NC. I really appreciate your taking the time to review our hotel. It means a lot to us to hear that we succeeded in making your stay an enjoyable one. We love having you here with us!

Reviewed 22 January 2014

Arrived late on a recent Friday night to a wonderful place. Smooth check-in with a friendly front desk person who also recommended a nice place for a non fast-food meal.

Room had new carpet and a very comfortable king size bed with quality linens. This Comfort Inn also rightly prides itself on a nice breakfast.

Room Tip: You can see the hotel from I-85 but coming off the exit and making the turn in you have to be on the...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
shirley j, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

Reviewed 12 December 2013

We changed our route home due to weather, and stopped here for over night (without a reservation). Woman at front desk very helpful and we were checked in quickly. Hotel was average, and room was satisfactory. Needs better house keeping in the hallways and common areas. Breakfast was provided- combo of hot and cold items.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Happy2travel18
shirley j, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Reviewed 5 December 2013

To begin with , I checked in to the hotel with this nice young lady named Kim. She was very sympothetic to my situation with my house burning down. she always asked was i doing okay no matter whaT TIME i came down. THe very next morning there was this lady named shannon running the front dest , to start off she was very rude and had a nasty attitude. she also slept on the job and was hard to wake up. when she woke up she was very rude about being waken up.
Housekeeping did a great job. Davieon the house keeping supervisor also was sympothetic to my situation and always made sure i was okay when he cleaned my room. Overall this was a great expierience but I do not reccoment waking up shannon. lol

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
shirley j, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2013

Hello, I am Shirley Julian, Manager for the Comfort Inn & Suites, Oxford, NC. I really appreciate your taking the time to review our hotel. It means a lot to us to hear that we succeeded in making your stay an enjoyable one and I deeply apologize for Shannon. I truly appreciate in your letting me know. I am very happy to hear that the staff treated you with our "Southern Hospitality"! We hope that you will come again and see us soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oxford
Hampton Inn Henderson
Baymont Inn & Suites Henderson Oxford
Travelodge Henderson
Travelodge Henderson
#8 of 9 in Henderson

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!